SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   'Kinda' new here. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/158237-kinda-new-here.html)

coffeenut 09-20-2008 04:59 PM

'Kinda' new here.

Kinda new because I've been reading here since the 20th of June...and I've been sober since then, too. Yay! 3 months, never thought I would say that one.

I don't have access to AA, here...so I'm working my own program, with a heavy helping hand from this site. I'm in it for life. No going back for this one!

I have learned so much from your postings...bear with me while I get to know the website....thanks!

grateful2b 09-20-2008 05:11 PM

Hi Coffeenut, welcome to SR!!
glad you finally decided to post:)
congratulations on your sober time..3 months, that is huge...
you sound like a strong and determined individual
there will be lots of wonderful people along to welcome you
look forward to hearing more of your story,
.....grateful

least 09-20-2008 05:15 PM

Welcome Coffeenut! And congratulations on three sober months!! Glad to add you to our international family of addicts helping themselves and other addicts to stay clean and sober!

:ghug3

CarolD 09-20-2008 05:21 PM

I am so pleased you decided to share with us...:)

Please do keep posting...Well Done on your progress!
:funjump:

tennis71 09-20-2008 05:22 PM

Welcome, glad to see another success in sobriety!

:SteprobL:

Anna 09-20-2008 05:29 PM

Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like you're doing great!

Bamboozle 09-20-2008 05:49 PM

Hello, coffeenut! Welcome to posting at SR! :)

coffeenut 09-20-2008 05:58 PM

Wow, for being so dang nervous to finally introduce myself, you guys sure know how to make a person feel welcome....quickly! Thanks!

nogard 09-20-2008 06:00 PM

Welcome to SR :)

coffeenut 06-20-2009 08:21 AM

And now.....one year later!

I told myself I would bring up my first post at a years sobriety. Just a little something I kept in the back of my mind...hey, whatever gets you there, right?!

I truly can not believe this. The peace that sobriety has brought me can NOT be bought, replaced or explained. My personal relationships have changed....hell, the relationship I have with myself has changed.

A HUGE part of my sobriety is due to SR. I get so much from reading other addicts situations. I can not explain it, in fact, I'm a little emotional right now, even thinking about it.

So, thank you, SR. I could not have made it this far without you guys. I intend to keep on, keepin' on. :)

Almost forgot...........WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! ONE YEAR FOR COFFEENUT! :)

Pelican 06-20-2009 08:26 AM

I'm so dang proud of you! I had you on my heart and mind this morning and came here looking for you! Just look at you!

:day1

Congratulations!

Love and Hugs to you :c033:

coffeenut 06-20-2009 08:31 AM

Thanks, Pelican! You know, I'm serious when I say it is people like you (that are just like me....only I didn't know it at the time) that have REALLY helped me. Your willingness to open up those raw wounds and share....got me through....and continue to get me through.

Your year must be coming up quickly, too? I hope all is going well with you. I think of you often and know you are strongly moving forward.

firestorm090 06-20-2009 08:48 AM

Hey coffeenut,

I read the first post, but didn't notice the date, so when I read that you were three months sober, I thought, well, this one's off their rocker, how can you have three months when you just joined, with the same sobriety date, lol. Glad I kept reading, lol.

Congrats and thanks for all your help, it's people like you that keep me coming back!!

Pelican 06-20-2009 08:51 AM

Thanks friend!

I have 10 months this weekend. I just caught myself doing what I seem to do for myself on my anniversary date: shopping for Niiiiicccce shoes! Look out closet, mommies on e-bay.

My feet are thankful, my body is thankful, my mind is thrilled. Sobriety rocks!

"Relax and Rejoice
and all things will come to you."

Dee74 06-20-2009 01:40 PM

congratulations coffenut
that's awesome!

:a122:

D

least 06-20-2009 02:09 PM

:day1 Congrats on one year! That's fantastic!

Anna 06-20-2009 02:11 PM

Good for you, Coffeenut!

Jules62 06-20-2009 11:32 PM

Well.....look at you! I'm so thrilled for you coffenut! Seriously. I love reading people's first posts here and seeing their milestones.One year is just incredible.I hope you feel really proud of yourself.You deserve to.And while I may not say much-I do take note of how far people go.I'm so glad we've exchanged a few pm's and you are truly an inspiration!Congratulations!

Jules xox

stone 06-20-2009 11:50 PM

Congrats coffeenut, that is awesome. :)

Believe808 06-21-2009 05:07 AM

Congratulations on your 1 year sober Coffee!