Notices

the next right thing

Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the next right thing

I didn't make another day sober, but it's okay; today I took a big step, I talked to my guy and told him I'm an alcoholic, he took it fairly well; and even though he has read the big book and helped others with aa and na, he still doesn't get it; I told him that I going to need his support and that maybe he should read the big book again with me in mind this time; I don't think anyone who hasn't walked in these shoes can understand; I can't get to a meeting today but I will tomorrow; and I'll read and post here;
Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI,

Never give up on trying...Sobriety is possible with the desire to quit, a great support system such as SR, and acceptance that your are alcoholic...

Keep posting, we are happy you found us...:ghug2
Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a long talk with my X yesterday and I shared my "experience" of what it was like to be stuck in the world I was in. He never went to a meeting so he doesn't understand either. I hope yours will go. Having those around you understand what it's like helps so much!!!! I did tell my X that while serving me with divorce papers was probably one of the best things that happened to me because it forced me to do something about my alcoholism at the same time, family support would have helped big time!!!!

The doing the "right thing" I have to add this as well, it helps keep my accountable and it's so true.........to do the "right thing when no one is looking" not just when they are.

I think you're doing great. I know staying sober isn't easy as I've tried it on my own and I just didn't know how to. I needed major help and I got it!!! Keep on keepin' on Girl!!!!! :ghug2
Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks

I thought I would feel a little better than I do right now, but at least the door is open; getting to meetings at night will help a lot;
Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

what courage patty, meetings help me as does SR as does talking to other addicts and working and then applying ths 12 steps heals me day by day.

Thinking of you patty.

Kevin
Old 09-20-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

a long day

it has been a very long day, almost 12 hours helping set up and run a demolition derby for a community service organization; I'm going to sleep well tonight and tomorrow I need to get a few things done at home and go back out to help the clean up; just for today I am sober and hoping for one day at a time; it was great that I faced my fear this morning, I was scared and still am; the future is uncertain but I intend to try to face each day with courage, I think one of the things I admire about people I listen to at meetings is their courage, I'm starting to understand that word in a whole new way
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you have courage too youre facing this.youre not running away.you keep coming back..that shows courage and desire..those are big steps..you can do this..work on it one day,hour or minute at a time.the reward is peace that doesnt end when the buzz wheres off.im prayin 4 u patty:praying
Old 09-21-2008, 02:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

just wanted to say I know its hard and I am proud to you for talking to your guy.
you can do this!! I went and read inserts from somewhere here from the book "under the influence" and I tell you I am more determined than ever now, I learned a lot. And I am so buying that book.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

new day

I didn't sleep well last night, just too much in my head I guess; but I'm okay for the moment; it will get better
Old 09-21-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today is my first day. I expect a little insomnia. But I know it won't last too long. And the benefits are SO going to be worth it.
Hang in there, and let us know how things are going.

All my blessings-
BHJ
Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

oops

today is a new day one, I know if I had made a meeting a priority yesterday I wouldn't be feeling this way today; gotta get my priorities in check