SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Bottoms 94 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/158145-bottoms-94-a.html)

gypsytears 09-20-2008 06:07 AM

Hi and bye peeps.

Leaving for morning Vinyasa 3. The HARD one. Harder than stoney's trips to the gym :tongue1:.

BBL :slomo:.

tanyapmc 09-20-2008 06:18 AM

Hi bottom dwellers! Time for a quick check in.

My mom had her surgery in tues and we returned to her house on thurs. She has power! Still no tv or Internet. I'm on my handy dandy iPhone. It's slow but better than nothing. She's in Alot of pain but hanging in there

My house still has no power. I've heard that it will be after Thursday before we get it restored. I am so blessed that my house didn't flood. Most of our neighbors got water in their houses. We are just a lil higher up. It is quite depressing to drive through there. People have their furniture on the curb waiting for trash pickup. It looks like a war zone. But the human spirit is strong! People helping people.

This is a difficult time for all of us. I counted and figured I had slept in 7 places in 12 days. But I'm alive and sober and grateful for that. I am use to going to a meeting every day and I really miss them. I'm still doling out my Moms pain pills to her and it is not bothering me at all. I'm very clear that it's Gods grace. I could never not take them if they were around.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and concern. I will check in when I can

BTW. I need a MAJOR dee brief!

Love you idiots!

Ananda 09-20-2008 06:28 AM

So glad to hear you in such good spirits Tanya...In the words of "Starman"

People are at there best when things are at their worst

Love that!!!!:ghug3

stone 09-20-2008 07:36 AM

Thanks for checking in Tan. :hug: That's pretty amazing about being able to handle your Moms pills.

Hi Gyps n Nands. :)

frstnm 09-20-2008 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Astro (Post 1916021)
I've had a few people looking at my house :bigok: I'm sure they like the artwork the dog does in the kitchen while I'm at work (chewed up plants and clumps of dirt she brings in from the yard) :damnit:

Isnt the little bugger CUUUUte!!!:c029:

frstnm 09-20-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by brainfried (Post 1916556)
hi stone
just had a fireworx sesh in my front yard!
yesssssssssss
that was heaps of fun!
:bounce

I wanna make something blow up too !!:fireworks2:fireworks2

stone 09-20-2008 08:57 AM

Hi frst. :)

I am just about to go to a meeting......:theyareon

gypsytears 09-20-2008 10:40 AM

Hi Tan :hug:. So good to hear from you. Sorry mom's in pain but good that the surgery is over with and that's a good thing. I'm glad you're OK even if you still have no power. House not flooded is a very good thing! Still sending thoughts and prayers your way hun. Good job with the medication. You have the right attitude now and that's excellent. You're really in a much better place right now and I'm proud of you, Keep that iphone charged so you can keep in touch!

Hi first.

Nikki... TMI lol!

Stoney babes... gymming today or just meeting? Either way it's all good as long as you're sober.

Hey ananda :)!

So... I went to class this morning. My instructor leaves for her retreat in France tonight so I wanted to check with her and see if she needs to go over anything with me before she leaves since I'm subbing on Wednesday... rare, if not unheard of, for a trainee just so ya know. She said nope, I did a great job opening and setting stuff up the other day when she was running late so she said I'm good :biggrin:. She also needs me to to check people into the belly dance girls class after mine. The poor thing had a seizure right before class that they haven't figured the cause of yet 2 weeks ago but she's back teaching at least. Instructor just wants someone to stay around just in case something happens.

The teen started her job at the orchard this morning and the prodigy is going to a sleepover party soon at a hotel. WTF? Is this something new? Who does that for kids??? Mr. GT and the boys and I are supposed to head over to a picnic for a friends grandson soon.I haven't seen this guy since around 1985 or so... we all went to HS together and Mr. GT used to play in a few bands with him. THEY have seen each other recently... however I think I'm in for a shock. Or he is depending how we both aged lol!

Still nothing on the house... other than Mr. GT still wants it. He hasn't made the counter counter yet though.

I hope everyone has a great day. Quiet in here! I guess everyone is out having fun.

I hope Rella is having an easy time with Flippy Floppy's party.

Ananda 09-20-2008 11:50 AM

i forgot about rella's flip flop party....Rella....hope it is going well.

Hi gypsy...you will be an excellent teacher sub!!!! look at what a good job you did as my flirting sponsor!

Stoney....meeting good...drinking bad.....and you my freind are wonderful:ghug

Frosty - I think this one looks like a chef in chef whites reminds me of you.
:duck
....I keep missing you....do you miss me too

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...rt/Flirt-2.jpg

scaredykat 09-20-2008 12:28 PM

Glad you checked in with us Tanya. I was thinking about you and others on the forum during the storm. I'm so glad your spirits are up. Sounds like you have a great HP taking care of you and your friends and loved ones.

Iloow 09-20-2008 12:36 PM

Hey all.

Glad that you checked in Tan.

CMC, I can see you lurking :eek13:

Jules62 09-20-2008 12:39 PM

I have been up most of the night.My dog, Merlin is sick and I was awake trying to comfort him.He wouldn't lie down to sleep at all last night and something is obviously wrong. It's 7 30am here and the vet doesn't open till 9.He's finally gone to sleep but I'm not so lucky. I am glad we have a vet that works on Sunday mornings though(it's Sunday here today) I just wish the time would pass more quickly so we could be there and find out what's going on exactly.

I'm exhausted and praying it's nothing too serious.

Anyway, good to hear from you Tanya.Sounds like you're handling everything really well even though it's hard :hug:

Hi Stoney! Hi Ananda! Hi Scardey Hi wooli and anyone else possibly lurking....I'm getting more coffee,

Julesxox

cmc 09-20-2008 12:42 PM

Hi to all the idyutz! I've had a busy day- breakfast out, a meeting and then mr cmc and I did some cleaning up in the side yard and now I'm going to do some reading.

Next WE is my first recovery conference and I'm looking forward to spending time with some friends in my home group. It should be very motivating and fun experience, but I'll be missing a few of the sessions because my personal program of recovery requires sitting by the pool relaxin'.
:sun2

Iloow 09-20-2008 12:43 PM

Hey Jules.

Fingers crossed that there is nothing majorly wrong with your dog.

Getting more coffee certainly sound like a cunning plan.

cmc 09-20-2008 12:44 PM

****{Merlin}}} :doggy:

Jules62 09-20-2008 12:54 PM

Thanks guys.I'm glad he's finally sleeping-wish I could tho-LOL

He really is my baby-I'd be lost without him.I just hate it when he's sick.I wish they could tell you what's wrong.Anyway-I'm not panicking.Just concerned.And tired......oh so tired...

Jules-drinking more coffee than she possibly should.

Ananda 09-20-2008 01:01 PM

jules....i think my dogs probably beat out my son for most important thing in my life....ok thats sick and possbily not true but close....

I feel for you. Please take care of yourself so you can take care of him. We don't talk much :( but I am thinking of you!!!!!!

PS: dogs rock....they love me just as much sober, drunk, rich, poor, mentally ill or well...less mentally ill :)

:ghug

Jules62 09-20-2008 01:04 PM

Aww-thank you nands :hug: I get what you mean about your dogs though.As you say-they love us unconditionally.Us humans could learn a lot from them I think.

Thanks for thinking of me.You're a sweetheart.

Julesxox

frstnm 09-20-2008 01:14 PM

I couldnt blow anything up so I lit something on fire !!
It COULD have led to an explosion when I was drinking as I am truley an idiot sometimes.
Moreso when I drink.
It was just some brush and an old fence chopped into pieces but it was still fun and a nice day outside.
B'sides I think it may have made my ornery neighbor irritated more than he usually is - a polypurpose activity if I do say. :tool: He is definetly a tool !

Dee74 09-20-2008 01:38 PM

(((Jules and Merlin)))

Hope all is well Jules - I know how much you adore him :)

D