# 21 (permalink)  

welcome
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats, Congrats and CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome again Steve. Just wanted to tell you that we're all the same and all different. We are all different ages, from different places, different walks of life and different life styles. But we're all the same: we're all addicted to something, whether alcohol or drugs or a loved one addicted to something. We all have different views and different ways of working our recovery, but the one thing we have in common is our addiction and our desire to live new lives free from our drug of choice.

I decided to stop drinking last December, joined here in March, and only now do I have 68 sober days! Some of us have to try and fail, try and fail, and some of us succeeded in our first attempt at living clean and sober.

Our differences are insignificant compared to our common desire to be clean and sober. We are an international family of friends helping ourselves and each other to stay clean and sober.

When I first came here I was knocked off my feet by the love and support I got. I really wanted to stay sober but I kept relapsing and getting back on the wagon, fell off and got right back on the wagon. And my friends here never gave up on me! At times they seemed a bit more stern than I would have liked, but they did it cause they cared about me and wanted me to succeed.

We will love and support you the same way. The only thing we can't do for you is give you any medical advice, but other than that, we're ready to stick close to you and help you any way we can.

I'm glad you found us and hope you take good advantage of our experience, strength, and hope to help you stay sober.

:ghug3
Old 09-19-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Steve and congrats on your sober time! That's great!

Jules
Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats and welcome to SR
Old 09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hey congrats Steve !! Welcome to SR!
RR