Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 4

Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

cmhcali

You are not selfish.You're doing your best and I'm proud of you.sometimes-life just sucks and there's no getting around it.I'm sorry you're struggling but I am thinking of you and hoping you get through this.

Much love,

Julesxox
Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I'm an idiot. In case I ever thought I could go back to being a responsible drinker, I can't. and now I have to go to work with a beer hangover and wait for my husband to call me with how disappointed he is.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

cmhcalil, you're not selfish, you're just human like all of us. You're having uncomfortable feelings. Glad you're not drinking. Keep going! I'm very proud of you! :ghug3

Today is my 94th day sober. I'm still sometimes amazed that I've made it this far. Never thought I would be able to stay sober this long, but am getting better at it with each passing day. I am beginning to heal from my old 'sick' thoughts and feelings. Sobriety rocks!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I redid my recovery video. YouTube - My Road To Recovery Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. And this time my higher power isnt a pretty girl.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Mikey, your gonna make me cry...I am SO glad you are here! Love the Video!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

scoob: get back on it, sweetie! You can do this! We're here for ya.

cmhcali: yeah, sometimes life sucks major hiney, no doubt about it! I'm so glad you vented!!! That whole "once you stop drinking, flowers bloom out of poo" kind of talk that a lot of people give can make people feel worse if they're not riding the rainbow train during sobriety (what was in my coffee this morning??!!). The important thing is that you're doing all the right things...but if you're still not happy, what else can we change? I found that starting an exercise routine was one thing I could do to change up my lifestyle and improve my moods, health, legs (teehee). But it was something different...and good...and I needed to find different and good when I got rid of drinking. I think seeing a therapist would be a fabulous idea! Just having an ear to listen! I wish I were in your town hon, we could go shopping, have lunch, have a rockin' time. In the meantime, keep venting!!!! You done good!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlvrMag View Post
Mikey, your gonna make me cry...I am SO glad you are here! Love the Video!
Thanks. Im glad to be here and also grateful for all my friends here.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

OMG...I think..I feel, dare I say...GOOD today? WOW! I DO feel good today!!! I am going to go for a walk with my pregnant doggy!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

What bothers me more than anything is that feeling like I fell for it. I really don't know why I thought "hey, I should have a beer" while I was out at pool last night, but true to form, I couldn't stop at one, or two, and just kept going. Stupid.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

scoob: the important thing is that you've learned from it, right? You know now that you can't have one beer! Seriously, bring a little baggy of candies and treat yourself to those when you're in a social setting and everyone else is drinking. I loooove sour keys!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I have learned that.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Scoob, climb back up on the wagon and add what you learned from this to your resolve to get sober. Don't beat yourself up too much. Learn from this and start moving forward again!

:ghug3
Old 10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks. It'll be ok. I feel pretty disappointed, I was pretty happy about my "number". But it is what it is. I can't drink, it's just that simple.

Do I have to leave this group now?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No, stay here and be an honorary member!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks. July 27 is still my day that I decided to change my life, yesterday was just a confirmation of why.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scoob View Post
Thanks. July 27 is still my day that I decided to change my life, yesterday was just a confirmation of why.
Good call. Keep July 27 and think of it as, and I'm guessing on the day total here, 73 out of 74 days sober. That's a pretty damn good percentage.

DG, thanks for contributing to my future t-shirt and bumper sticker business:

"once you stop drinking, flowers bloom out of poo"

LMAO
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

scoob: i love that idea of your date being the day you decided to change your life!!!! I'm an honourary member here too, now, but I did decide to stop hiding in alcohol on July 13th and have had very few slips since then....much better than the previous year, for sure!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for listening. I am doing the 12 steps. I am on Step 4 and writing my turnarounds. It takes forever. I quit smoking and have not slept in 2 days. I was not aware that a side effect of quitting smoking was insomnia. So I am so emotional.

I will talk to my sponsor tonight. We have played a bit of phone tag and I need to find a counselor that specializes in addiction. I have gone to other counselors and paid them to hear me lie about how I did not really drink and just nag about everyone else to avoid talking about myself. I need to start fresh and be honest. I am sick of hiding behind this facade

Scoob welcome back and glad you stayed... It is so great to hear from everyone else it gives me so much hope even though I am being a negative lately.

I hate anxiety too I am constantly a ticking mind bomb lol!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

cmhcali: i've never smoked, but from what I hear, quitting is HAAAAARD!! Of course you're going to feel completely out of whack this week! I'm surprised you haven't murdered someone yet! It'll pass hon...you're doing all the right things and it will all pay off.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Checking in here, been busy working 12-14 hour days and going away for a few days for some R & R. Heading out to the coast to a little resort to have some time away from stress with my girlfriend. Still clean, no sign of giving up yet... glad to see everyone still around posting, would like to be on here more as it is so much more helpful being around you guys. Best wishes to all and I'll be back on the weekend!

Bruce