Notices

Funnies

Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

The 3 minute management course...

Lesson 1
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings.
The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob the next-door neighbor. Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you $800 to drop that towel."

After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob.

After a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves. The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, "Who was that?"

"It was Bob the next door neighbor," she replies.

"Great!" the husband says, "did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?"

Moral of the story:
If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Lesson 2
A priest offered a Nun a lift. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

The priest apologized "Sorry sister but the flesh is weak." Arriving at the convent, the nun went on her way.

On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, "Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory."

Moral of the story:
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity!

Lesson 3
A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, "I'll give each of you just one wish."

Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." Puff! She's gone.*

Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life." Puff! He's gone.*

"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager.

The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."*

Moral of the story:
Always let your boss have the first say!

Lesson 4
An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing?" The eagle answered: "Sure, why not."

So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson 5
A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy."

Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree.

He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story:
******** might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there!

Lesson 6
A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.

As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.*

Moral of the story:
(1) Not everyone who ***** on you is your enemy
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend
(3) And when you're in deep ****, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

This ends the 3-minute management course.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

golden oldie:bounce

CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL WARNING

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a w@nker.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell the same boring story over and over again until your friends want to smash your face in.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at 4 in the morning.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your clothes.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with other members of the opposite sex without spitting.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to roll over in the morning and see something really scary (whose name, and/or species you can't remember).

Warning: Consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may lead to traffic signs and cones appearing in your home.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe you are invisible.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think you possess mystical Kung-Fu powers.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that people are laughing with you.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may cause an influx in the time-space continuum, whereby small (and sometimes large) gaps of time may seem to literally disappear.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

She lied awake at night wondering if there really was a doG.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks...........
Old 10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Knock knock

Who's there?

Nicholas

Nicholas who?

Nicholas girls shouldn't climb trees!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Knock knock

Who's there?

Nicholas

Nicholas who?

Nicholas girls shouldn't climb trees!
Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome to the Edinburgh Elementary School second grade joke-off!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

How did Hellen Keller burn her hands?

Trying to read the waffle iron.

How did Hellen Keller drown?

Yelling for help.

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs and swims in the ocean?

Bob.

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs and lies in front of your door?

Matt.

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs and hangs on your wall?

Art.

How do you know a blond's been using the computer? There's white-out on the screen.

What do you call a group of blonds at the bottom of a pool.

An air pocket.

What do you call a group of blonds in a walk-in freezer?

Frosted flakes.

Why do (insert stereotype here) go to family reunions?

To pick up women.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

A Mother had 3 virgin daughters.

They were all getting married within a short time period. Because Mom was a bit worried about how their sex life would get started, she made them all promise to send a postcard from the honeymoon with a few words on how marital sex felt.

The first girl sent a card from Hawaii two days after the wedding. The card said nothing but: "Nescafe"!
Mom was puzzled at first, but then went to her kitchen and got out the Nescafe jar. It said: "Good till the last drop”.

Mom blushed, but was pleased for her daughter.

The second girl sent the card from Vermont a week after the wedding, and the card read: "Rothmans"
Mom now knew to go straight to her husband's cigarettes, and she read from the pack: "Extra Long. King Size"

She was again slightly embarrassed but still happy for her daughter.

The third girl left for her honeymoon in Cape Town. Mom waited for a week, nothing. Another week went by and still nothing. Then after a whole month, a card finally arrived.
Written on it with shaky handwriting were the words "South African Airways"

Mom took out her latest YOU magazine, flipped through the pages fearing the worst, and finally found the ad for SAA.

The ad said: "Ten times a day, seven days a week, both ways."
Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

A guy starts his new job at the zoo and is given three tasks.

First is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds . As he does this a huge fish jumps out and bites him. To show who is boss; he beats it to death with a spade. Realising his employer won't be pleased; he disposes of the fish by feeding it to the lions, as lions will eat anything.

Moving on to the second job of clearing out the Chimp house, he is attacked by the chimps that pelt him with coconuts. He swipes at two chimps with a spade killing them both. What can he do? Feed them to the lions, he says to himself, because lions eat anything.

He hurls the corpses into the lion enclosure.

He moves on to the last job, which is to collect honey from the South American Bees. As soon as he starts the bees attack him.

He grabs the spade and smashes the bees to a pulp.

By now he knows what to do and throws them into the lion's cage
because lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion arrives at the zoo. He wanders up to another
lion and asks "What's the food like here?"

The lion says: "Absolutely brilliant, today we had Fish and Chimps
with Mushy Bees."
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Day One's Can RIP!!!

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty View Post
All of your childhood vacations were trips to the Jersey shore.

And you know you are from Philadelphia, PA (Pee-Ay) if you refer to your vacation at the "Jersey shore" as "We're goin' down the shore."
Old 10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Two women are new arrivals at the pearly gates and are
comparing stories on how they died.

1st woman: I froze to death.

2nd woman: How horrible!

1st woman: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the
cold, I began to get warm and sleepy, and finally died a
peaceful death. What about you?

2nd woman: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that
My husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in
the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in bed watching TV.

1st woman: So what happened?

2nd woman: I was so sure there was another woman there
Somewhere that I started running all over the house looking. I
ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement. Then I
went through every closet and checked under all the beds. I kept
this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so
exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died!

1st woman: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer. We'd both
still be alive.