Notices

day 2 1/2 - soooo tired

Old 09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 1/2 - soooo tired

Haven't been sleeping, but felt fine this morning. As the day progressed, just kept getting more and more tired, muscle achey, headachey and clammy. Now my son has just called me and told me that his dad can't take him to his youth meeting, so that means I have to do it. I don't know if I can sit through a 4 hour meeting tonght.

Can't decide if I should beg off and just drop him off and pick him up, or if I should "suck it up". Son doesn't care, but the other adults do (they want me to be one of the advisors).

Begging off reminds me too much of when I was drinking and wouldn't go so I could stay home and drink,.

This time, I'm really just tired with a head full of sand though :-(.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand how it feels. But for me this is when I knew I had to follow through. I never had an excuse not to drink. This would be a sign for me to get up and go. How will you feel afterwards if you do not stay? Keep your chin up!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Wow...a four hour meeting? Good grief!

I noticed you wrote that other adults want you to be an advisor (and your son doesn't mind, right?). What do you want to do?

I don't know what your situation is, but people shouldn't mind if you take it easy for a few days. Going through withdrawal (I'm assuming that's what it is based on the title...sorry if I'm wrong) is much like having the flu. You do need to get your rest. Perhaps you could take your son, drop him off, and then pick him up. He understands, right?

I know it seems like I'm leaning towards you missing out on the meeting. Of course the decision is up to you--all I can do is offer my perspective. When I'm sick, I take care of myself and hope that others understand. Besides, withdrawal can be dangerous. Whatever you decide to do, try to take it easy.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was nice to get both perspectives. Went to the meeting and was yawning by the end, but I feel much better for having gone. Kept me busy and feeling useful for 4 hours, so I am grateful for that.
Thanks again for the input guys!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea..its rough to do the simplest things so early in recovery.
I know I had to literally force myself to even take a shower I was so tired.
You will get your drive back afetr awhile. Now your body and mind need the rest.