Notices

life on lfe terms

Old 09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile life on lfe terms

This is something must be delt with on an everyday basis. For example my sponsor and I were to go to a meeting and something came up and was not able to go with me. My sponsor felt ready bad and still does. I reassure him that it is ok there are things in this world that we can not control. Be sober makes life alot easier to deal with no matter if it is good or bad. Knowing that god will not give us more than we can handle. When we are using when life throws us a curve ball and we cant deal with it we turn to our drug of joice. This doesnt help it only puts the pain aside for a little while but the pain is still there. We cant change things only ourselves. The program helps and so does fellowship we are able to get through these rough times with ease as long as we are sober and remember that everything shall pass.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So true, needed that today....
Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this Shemp. My sponser is always saying "life on life terms". I think it's her favorite saying. LOL

I don't always like life on life terms but it does makes sense and i agree with it. When something is really bothering me I really try to stay in the moment and stay in the day. So far it has worked every time for me. It's definitely a lot better staying sober even on your bad days. A bad day sober is still better then a good day drunk any day.