Notices

Bottoms-Part 93

Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

congrats on your possible move, gypsy! everyone is into "the deal" right now, so don't give up!

i'd love to move to a smaller house with a bigger yard for less inside work and more gardening! when i mention this to mr k, he looks at me like i've suggested we relocate to mars. ha!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks K . Mr. K must like your home the way it is. He probably doesn't want to move to a smaller place...you'd have less painting projects to keep you busy otherwise.

As for us, we definitely need some space. Everyone here is on top of each other all the me. I do think some of our marital problems get amplified by the lack of space so crossing fingers he goes for the counter. I think he might... he'll probably want closing costs included though. Something to counter back with right?

Everyone is on board with making this happen right now. Mr. GT is agreeable, the agent is our neighbor... trustworthy even though she'll be making out on the sale, and me. I want to be able to have Thanksgiving at the new house !
Old 09-14-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice! i'll bring the cranberry sauce!

by the way - how's the tat, suzy quattro?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

all i know about the market now (at least around here) is everyone wants deals with not a lot of contigencies attached. mr k is in mortgage biz so we know a lot of realtors...and those are the deals that are closing. no house to sell first, loan conditions in place, etc.................

our market is picking back up. it is so comforting to see SOLD signs going up again! there are 7 houses/townhouses/condos on the market within a block or 2 from our place, and 2 have finally sold in the last few weeks. it's a relief to see folks gaining confidence again.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Tattoo is fine thanks. All healed... looks good. It's a bit light though so I may have it redone to perk it up. I mean... when I'm 80 I want my tramp stamp to still look vibrant! When my tan fades I'll probably go back.

Just spoke to the hubby. Sounded like he was balking, but we can counter a lower price than their counter can't we? I'm not sure if we live in on of those stated that has limits on countering. I know the poor old woman has to sell because her son in law took out a huge 2nd mortgage on the place but kept it in her name... if it was up to her she would've taken ours but the son in law is driving the sale I think. We're meeting with the agent later this afternoon to just look at another place. It's too much for us, but hubby wants to check it out anyway. We'll talk before we meet her and come up with an offer or maybe he'll just say yes. Crossing fingers.

The agent brought some comparable listings that sold recently and the other houses went for far less than I would've thought. Hmmm... this real estate market is tricky! Houses in our town are usually slow but these went quickly, prolly because they were so reasonable.

I'll have plenty of room in that kitchen for you to make cranberry sauce, or of course, a special drawer for can openers so you can just bring the Ocean Spray .
Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Everybody leaves me!
Ahem! Where'd you go stonehenge???
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi guys just stopping in to say hi and bye - I need my afternoon nap. We are expecting lots of rain here tonight - the remnants of Ike.

I was the guest speaker this morning at our local AA meeting - it's been a couple of years since I spoke and I feel good. Today is also my daughter's 16th birthday - and I haven't seen her in 4 years. If anything, it's a good reminder to stay sober.

I'm grateful.

Chow for now, iDots.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Ro. Congrats on the speaking gig . Extended birthday to your older daughter. Must be hard. Keep keeping sober... she'll come around one day .
Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Poppin' in for just a bit...hi everyone.

Glad you are okay Tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K! Video says..no longer available. oh poop!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

K - my neighbor came over this morning all disgusted, saying "I can't believe Sarah Palin appeared on SNL last night! I was channel surfing & just turned it off when I saw that!" Say what?!? I know I made her feel stupid when I broke the news.....Fey did do an amazing job, accent and all.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post

K! Video says..no longer available. oh poop!
they took it down - i guess snl didn't approve

i really thought it was her at first too, hevyn! ha!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh..I see.

Row..sorry hun. Skipped right over your post...mom was talking to me..

Kudos on your speech! :ghug3: I pray you will reunite with your

girl..
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Hevyn .

Hi IO .

We're off to check out another house in town just for fun. It's way over our price range but we figured we'll look anyway just to be nosey while no one lives there. I guess we'll see what the real estate agent suggests about the counter. Mr. GT does not want to pay the asking price and their counter was 15k more that our offer, which puts it almost up to the asking price. He also wants to let them 'sweat' about it which would be fine but they already shot down our 1st offer. I'm the one sweating over it now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
Old 09-14-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love Tina Fey
morning

D
Old 09-14-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
let it grow!

so did/will you get to see her being sarah palin on snl, dee? she is a riot. baby mama is out on video now...you might like it, mr k got a kick out of it.

so i got a call yesterday from a friend down in southern il - bday call. so i just called him back and a lady answered - i thought it was his wife. so get to chatting, whatcha' doin', yada yada ....and she's watching a movie (river runs through it cuz she just got a new used dvd player and they left the movie in it) and i told her i was working on a painting and making a meat loaf and she said "ha ha ha! i made meat loaf yesterday" and i said i made my mom's recipe and she says "i heard your mom makes a good meatloaf" and like 5 minutes later i say "i haven't talked to you since your trip to florida - how was it?" and she says, "wait a minute - i'm confused - i've never been to florida!" and then we figure out i've dialed my friend's OLD phone number and she is now renting his old house, and apparently ended up with same number! HA! she really sounded like my friend's wife! i have NO CLUE who she thought I WAS THOUGH!!!!!!

her name is karen. she's doing fine. she's comin' to chicago next month. i told to call me if she needs any help with directions or anything. duh!

she said she saw my friend on wed - he came over to fix her sink!

Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nothing like a 3 minute meatloaf rant with a stranger! still laughin' about her saying, "i heard your mom makes a good meatloaf!"

Old 09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

At work today the miserable S.O.B. really "needed" me to be there and so fortunately he said nothing all day......nothing miserable either !
Must be a record for him or something. I heard management calling him my cheery and mr smiley the other day and all I could do was say nothing and smile to myself (ok so I did it in his direction - I just couldnt help it)
of course he starts by tring to find fault with pretty much anything but he couldnt say a word so he made a huge afternoon "to do list" I left at noon ! HA !
pasa buen vida pinche viejo !!!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

nah we don't get SNL here K...not without cable anyway
basically it's 30 Rock or nothin' for me LOL

wanna see baby mama tho

D
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
nah we don't get SNL here K...not without cable anyway
basically it's 30 Rock or nothin' for me LOL

wanna see baby mama tho

D
who needs cable when ya get to live on the windex sea ......

love ya, dee. happy meatloaf monday!

:ghug3
Old 09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
pasa buen vida pinche viejo !!!
no clue what this means, but love ya, frst, and happy meatloaf monday!

:ghug3