# 61 (permalink)  

i think its bedtimes my tired little girl friends!:ghug3
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I agree - Night!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Lightening up the thread a little HL...yes, I was. Not to belittle your thread.

To make a solid point. And poke fun at myself.

Rule 62 of AA

Don't take yourself too d--mn seriously!

LOL
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nighties..

And Nights Nands.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

hypersensitive and overloaded with empathy
Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I grew up hypersensitive because you had to be in our house to survive. Everything depended on what mood my dad came home from work in. Now he's retired and it depends on what mood he wakes up in! LOL.
Now I'm paranoid about the thank you button. I never paid much attention before! I bet I was one of the newcomers who didn't thank you!:sorry
Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ah forget about the ___________ thank you button. It really isn't about that lostbutterfly. I was certainly more interested in how many of me were out there regarding this sensitivity issue and I am finding out there's a lot. Really, but I'm going to thank you any ways. Until they remove the thank you buttons, I will thank those that take the time out of their busy lives to help another recovering addict.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm very oversensitive, and even worse I get resentments over it! And anger is one of my biggest triggers, too. Not over the thank-you button, lol. But when someone is rude to me, or ignores me, it inflames my own sense of worthlessness. I get mad at them, and still have resentments over things complete strangers have done to hurt my feelings. What the heck does it matter what they think, they don't even know me? But it does hurt. So I try to be super nice to everyone. It puts me at a real disadvantage, because super-nice is not always super honest. I have no boundaries. People sense when you're a person who will not stand up for yourself, who goes out of your way to people-please, and they don't react well. It's good to be nice to people, I don't mean to say it's not, but over-doing it is not being kind to myself. And worrying all the time about who likes me and will I be accepted and all that crap is very stressful. I'd love to get past this.
I don't really notice who thanks my posts, I rarely go back and look at them, so maybe I'm not doing so bad in that area, but when no one replies, especially when I've asked a direct question, It does hurt my feelings and I've thought before of not coming back here or avoiding certain threads because of it. It's nuts, I know. I'm working on it, though. I remind myself that this oversensitivity thing is just another of the things I want to get over, and try to remember that it's really not all about me.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I agree Karen. People walk all over you when they know you have no boundaries. It is a real recurring theme in my life!
Also, I was brought up Christian, and it is really drummed into you to put others first because of the "love thy neighbour" thing. But I re-read that recently with new eyes and it says "love your neighbour AS you love yourself" not love your neighbour MORE than you love yourself.
Didn't say that to start a big religious argument!! I'm too over-sensitive to cope with that! It's just that it means that we are all equal and deserve equal treatment. If I wouldn't do something to someone else, then I won't let them do it to me. Make sense? It's helped me to slowly make some boundaries, but it is early days yet!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Finally got a chance to write on this post.

I've been a sensitive person my whole life as far back as i can remember. I think it actually made my Dad mad that i was so sensitive and cried easily my whole life. It actually got my Dad to be emotional abusive to me when I was a kid because of it. Always telling me I'll never grow up; telling me I better not get married.

I still have a lot of problems with it today. Especially with my Dad. And i sometimes I jump the gun either on here or at my meetings and wonder if people really like me or why did they say that to me. It looks like I'm not alone on this from reading the other posts. I think it's one of our ism's in our disease.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
let it grow!

that was pretty funny when jomey showed double thank yous..

Old 09-13-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I am supersensitive when I see others attacked. I get really angry.

I wonder if it is a subconcious self esteem issue with me as well?

But it has gotten me into a bit of trouble by posting too quickly,

not on this thread, but elsewhere...hmmmm.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Another "ism" , maybe.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I grew up hypersensitive because you had to be in our house to survive. Everything depended on what mood my dad came home from work in.
Same here butterfly. I still feel like I have eyes in the back of my head. If you weren't on your toes in my house- watch out! You could be headed right into the center of the storm and not know it. I like my empathy to others. I feel that I pick up on things that others do not. However, I also feel like I have good insight on people's motives and do not tolerate getting manipulated or lied to. That's where my sympathy ends and I will be cold and distant to anyone who tries this with me more than once. I simply cannot give myself to people who are not worth it IMO.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I pray that I thanked all of these post, if I didn't you will all dislike me even more. No seriously, I have spent my life being over sensitive. From being a child and having someone mad at me, to being an adult and having someone mad at me. I was put on someones ignore list a few days ago, I felt awful.

By the way please thank my post
Old 09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Toomuch - It's really sad when we can't just have a disagreement on here and still be friends. I know that you and me disagreed on a post once, very much but I didn't stop liking you or enjoying your posts and I know the feeling was mutual. I hope that person will have a change of heart.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I just came on here to check that I hadn't upset anyone by my earlier post. Now I am going to go back and thank everyone I have missed LOL!!
Am off to watch Desperate Housewives peeps. (We would make a really bad TV series wouldn't we. Desperate Alky's. Nothing would ever happen because we were so busy tip toeing round each other!!!)
Have a good day, or evening, depending on where you are in the world.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
IO Storm

. Nothing would ever happen because we were so busy tip toeing round each other!!!)
'Fraid it would be just the opposite LB..delicate china chips so easily.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I didn't know there was such a thing as an ignore list!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
IO Storm

But "Desperate Alkies" ...that is funny!