Notices

Childhood Dreams anyone???

Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

One of my childhood dreams, literally, a recurring dream, was living in a tiny house, like a doll house, more like a little rustic cabin, with braided rugs on the floor and a fruit cellar and rustic wood furniture, and the house I lived in all by myself (with my very own cat) was under a forest of normal-size pine trees! I had that dream over and over again. I really liked it and didn't like waking up, cause I didn't want to leave my very own little house and have to live in the 'real' world of grown ups and school and homework and chores.

My childhood dream was always to be a Famous Girl Detective - not just any old girl detective, but Nancy Drew!! My best friends and I read all the Nancy Drew books and used to skulk around the neighborhood looking for mysteries to solve! To this day, if I'm feeling bad, I can always escape into Nancy's world, where she outsmarts the older male police types and always solves the case and outwits the bad guys! And did it all in dresses and pumps, ya know, lady-like, without getting "mussed up", as she would say.

I still take trips back in time when I read my favorite kids' books. The Secret Garden, The Narnia Chronicles, Anne of Green Gables, and the never-equalled Dr Seuss, to name a few. I still have them and I still read them. I was a real 'bookworm' as a kid, always had my nose in a book, and when I did, the rest of the world just ceased to exist!

This is a great thread!! Thanks for starting it.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

bop to the top
Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is a great thread.

Oddly enough, I really can't remember any of my childhood dreams. I'm going to have to take some time and examine why that is...

In late adolescence and young adulthood, I wanted to go from being 'just a writer' to being a published author. I remember the joy that I would get for HOURS just sitting and writing stories about the lives of different people that inhabited the worlds in my imagination. :HONYnewyear025firew