Notices

Need to get this off my chest-sorry.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Okay! I really like that!! Are you sure I'm not their Higher Power?? Saying the serenity prayer now.
LOL, yeah, I'm sure. Sure they DO have one, too!

God bless you for doing the next right thing, and not just burying your feelings in drink. You can curse the dark, or light a candle -- you are lighting a candle for those dogs, and that matters.

RT
Old 09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Horselover,

I think you should pursue this matter with Animal control.

Take photos. Get proof that the dogs are left out at night.

Show that the Gazebo is not yet enclosed.

Document everything you possibly can.

Don't give up.

And, that's one of the reasons I never tell anyone about my alcoholism. It can be used against you in so many ways.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

HL, after re-reading this thread, I was thinking that your sobriety is making such a difference in the potential outcome for the puppies. If you were still drinking, do you think you would have taken nearly so much action? Or would you have hit that wine bottle to take away the bad feelings, and just crossed your fingers for the dogs? Now you have all your wits about you and you can strategize *hugs* How ya doin today?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey SS - That post is very true. The old me would have numbed it and ignored it, but I guess that's where I was coming from yesterday. I felt I had tried all the avenues the new me could possibly think of and it was still dogs 0 neighbor 10. I felt like the bottle was the only alternative. I am glad I got the support I needed last night.

The gazebo is still the same and I haven't seen anyone near it. I don't know how much time she has, but I do know she will get what she needs because she could talk a polar bear into an ice cream cone. I really am praying hard for them now. I will look up the SPCA too. I also have a friend that fosters dogs in town here and must work with animal control in doing that. I am going to see if she can suggest something.

Thanks again! Thanks to you Least too. I remember that chain website from before. The officer said these dogs weren't that bad off because they have an acre to romp on unlike the dogs that are tethered and can't. I guess I see that point - a little.

I think of the horrendous things Mother Teresa saw and she remained faithful to her Christian beliefs. If she can do it maybe I can too. Try not to dwell in the negative. Try! Try! Try!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know if you've already seen this, but it might help:

Animal Protection of New Mexico - APNM
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna. On my way out to the store, but I WILL definitely read up on it when I return. Thanks so much!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

What a b1tch! I am one of the biggest animal lovers you'de ever meet! How dare she? She does not deserve them dogs. I live out in the country and so many butt heads drop off their unwanted "friends" and we end up taking them in. We spay/neuter, vaccinate and keep them. They are all wonderful creatures and it saddens me to know what these selfish people are actually missing. The little guys are wonderful and have added so much to our lives. Don't back down Horselover. Keep on animal control. Take pictures, video, etc. whatever you have to do to make sure those dogs are looked after.

Chicken!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
IO Storm

HL..

In the meantime...

In the Ninth Step of AA..we make amends to people we have harmed except when to do so would injure them or others..

I have a few of those...I cannot handle the situation "head on"..but "not to"
would eat me up inside ...bother my conscience and integrity, and eventyually lead to a drink.

So, I do "other things". I give back to God and fellow suffering human beings
and animals!

Maybe right now..in addition to what you are doing for these...

You can do something for other suffering people or animals to let out

this energy....

Just a suggestion.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey IO - Well I did hug my dogs and cat extra hard last night. Does that count?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Yes, yes, yes...even stuff for yourself...anything to stay away away from the

"first" drink!!! Remember ..we make amends to ourselves. We have hurt

our (self) the most.

You know, HL..we cannot save the world, if there "is" no us", after all.

Hugs.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Like 51iana said, I don't tell anyone about my alcoholism, far as I'm concerned it my problem and I reckon its much easier to deal with that way.

Maybe a lesson in not being to free in telling people in the future.

Am I right in thinking that we're only guessing that the woman told the officer your an alcoholic, maybe she didn't.

If she did though, thats probably why the officer didn't take you as seriously. Its a horrible preconception we have to live with.

Hope it all works out for you and the doggies.

Thinking of you as always Horsie.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Okay, now BREATHE, then BREATHE real slow some more.

Get a camera, a picture is worth a thousand words. Take pics of the dogs 'cowering' when the weather is bad. Wait until 1 or 2 am (set an alarm if need be) get pictures late at night of where the dogs are. Hopefully it is a camera with a date and time stamp. Get them over weeks, then have them developed at Walgreens or Wal Mart and get several sets, hand a set to Animal control. Show she is lying. Take pictures of the Gazebo showing nothing has been done. Is that still Bernallio county where you are? Whatever, write a nice letter to the SHERIFF, she is in violation of State code, and send the letter with the explanation and the pictures to the sheriff. Each count of animal cruelty in our state of NM is a 4th degree felony with a 500 to 1,000 dollar fine and 18 months in jail.

You know how much of an animal lover I am, including having done rescue and foster, and I turn folks in down here ALL THE TIME. I do everything I can and then pray about it. As a last resort in several instances, I have noticed that the dogs in question end up running free on the streets and AC is called to pick them up, and no it has never been me that has opened the gate, but other neighbors have in frustration.

Now, as to wanting to drink, puuullllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeee. If you do that, how much help could you be to the dogs? Not a damn bit. So, yes accept that this is a problem that is going to take a bit more work on your part, so that you are satisfied that you have done everythng you could do. Then acceptance comes.

Get that camera that you can set the time and date, then start taking your pictures. To AC that is EVIDENCE and added to the previous reports and her 'lies' or mistruths' will do much to dig her hole deeper to the point she cannot get out.

Yes SPCA of New Mexico is also good. And get a 'throw a way' 'one time useage' only camera with a Flash for night pics. Like I said Wal Mart or Wal Greens are not expensive to have them developed and will give you a CD also, so you can always print more off your computer with your printer. And no, a Gazebo is NOT adequate shelter according to NM law, especially where you are and the snows you get in the winter.

Call me, you know we can chat and I will give you a few more things to help YOU.

Love and hugs,