Notices

Headaches go - honest!!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Headaches go - honest!!

I just wanted to post as I was really struggling in my first two weeks with the most mind crunching headache every day - every minute of every day to be honest. I had no idea it was part of the withdrawal - derr- but I am very happy to say that over the past week they have completely gone.

So to anyone being terrified, as I was of the headaches, they do go!!

sas

DAY 22!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How are you doing with cravings? Have they calmed down as well?

I must admit i kinda admire you as you stopped on the same day i did but i fell back off the wagon and then got back on while you just kept trucking!!!! I'm on day 8 and i so wish i could have stuck it out and be on day 22 as well
Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Wibble - I don't think I've had too many bad cravings to be honest! I missed the evening drink(S) like crazy for the first fortnight and when we had our bbq I cried at one point becasue I just wanted to 'join in'. We went out on my husbands birthday too, making sure i drove so i wouldn't be tempted, and had the misfortune to stand near a group of people ordering a very nice few bottles of white wine which was pretty hard - but on the whole I stuck with the non alcoholic beer (contentious issue I know, but it seems ok for me!!!!) and hot chocolate.

I don't know how I'd be if we were going out to the pub regularly, but that's why I'm staying away I guess. I knw I'm nowhere near home and dry (excuse the pun) but I am determined and just the whole way I'm feeling so much better is a massive impetus.

Good luck. You'll get there.

sas
Old 09-08-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sadmummy: 22 today for me too. I also had those darn headaches...a couple of times I awoke with one and asked myself...and this is better than a hangover why? They are mostly gone now which is a blessing because headaches are right up there with toothaches in my book. Glad you're doing better.

Wibble: 8 days is great.... that "wagon" is a slippery place, just look around...keep on truckin :atv
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing great, sadmummy! Pretty soon you're going to need to change your name to happymummy!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's what I'm planning to do - what are you - psychic??!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Or SassyMummy!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad your feeling better
Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its great that you aren't having too many cravings, mine come and go but kinda drive me insane when they are in full swing.

I'm trying to avoid social events as much as possible to keep me away from temptation. I have no idea how i'm gonna cope going on holiday with friends... a medical excuse is gonna have to come out i think!!!

Originally Posted by sadmummy View Post
Hi Wibble - I don't think I've had too many bad cravings to be honest! I missed the evening drink(S) like crazy for the first fortnight and when we had our bbq I cried at one point becasue I just wanted to 'join in'. We went out on my husbands birthday too, making sure i drove so i wouldn't be tempted, and had the misfortune to stand near a group of people ordering a very nice few bottles of white wine which was pretty hard - but on the whole I stuck with the non alcoholic beer (contentious issue I know, but it seems ok for me!!!!) and hot chocolate.

I don't know how I'd be if we were going out to the pub regularly, but that's why I'm staying away I guess. I knw I'm nowhere near home and dry (excuse the pun) but I am determined and just the whole way I'm feeling so much better is a massive impetus.

Good luck. You'll get there.

sas
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Congrats on day 22! Nice to know about the headaches, I had no idea that was part of withdrawal either.