Notices

Hard time

Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day at a Time!

Hard time

Well, I've got to get my room cleaned out today. Where I live, we are having inspections this week, and though the rest of my house is in decent shape (don't try the white glove thing, you'll need a gallon of bleach to get it white again!) my room is the pile up spot in the house. The problem is, the more I clean, the more empty beer bottles/cans/caps I find. It's driving me NUTS! As if that stupid voice won't shut up about going to the beer store, everywhere I look is empty beer bottles. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this, but I have no choice.

I don't know how I'm going to do this. I wish there was someone I could call to help me clean it out and not feel so anxious about it. But there isn't. I've called others in my AA group, I've tried to read my Big Book, today's inspirations, everything. The words just aren't making sense to me today.

Well, sorry, just had to vent. Now I'm going to try to spend the next 5 minutes cleaning my room and staying sober! I just pray I don't find a full can of beer I got too drunk and didn't drink one night!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Twin!

My first couple weeks sober I found empty botles of brandy in some strange places. I live alone so hiding my bottles from myself - uh....can you say CRAZY? It is disturbing and if I lived near you I would come help you in a minute. Serious on that. You can do it. You can do it. You can do it.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day at a Time!

Thanks Boston! You wouldn't believe how many cans/bottles I found! Not to mention two empty boxes I had hidden in my room before someone came over! There were bottles of peach schnapps (and I hate that stuff) a stashed bottle of vodka, thankfully all empty. I think my biggest fear was finding one that wasn't empty. Thankfully, none were found. Well, I've got the majority of the room mucked out. I think I'll take a break from it now. Maybe tomorrow I can do more.

Now off to fold laundry! Oh how I hate housework! It was easy to not do it when I was drinking! Found TONS of excuses not to do it then!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I knew you could do it Twin. You know what was worse then findng a couple of my bottles? Seeing them in the garabge bin the next day and thinking: what the hell....did I drink last night? Shaking my head...some of this stuff. Really. I am proud of you for facing another thing that scared you and having a victory over it!