SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oh Happy DAY!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/157177-oh-happy-day.html)

Aysha 09-05-2008 01:00 PM

Oh Happy DAY!!!!

Well guys...It happened finally.
I dont know if some of you remember last year I had a falling out with my father. I came out of a mental hospital and they made me dig deep in my mind about alot of things.
Long story short. I emailed him when I got out and told him what was on my mind. It wasnt nice. Mostly about his wife and how he lets that pig run everything. And alot of other things. I also emailed my sisiter who said she didnt want her kids around me cause I was a drug addict. Like I am the worst person in the world. While her BF is in jail right now for breaking her sons arm and leg.
ANYWAY. It has been a year and I wrote my dad many apologies. With no responce. He would come to my house and ignore me.
So I decided to let it go and let time run its course. Hoping he would come around.

Well today..And I am crying again for the 3rd time today.
He called this morning..sold me a van he has for 1100 bucks. 350 down and hes going to let me give him 100 a minth for the rest. And when he came over. It was like we never had that falling out. LAughing and talking like we use to. He told me if he sees that van in the city where I get high. He will take it back. He works there so he will see me.
That right there told me he cares. He does love me.

I dont even care about the van. I am just so happy that he is communicating with me again.
It hurt so much that he turned his back on me and outcasted me for the past year. I never knew him really growing up. He was always in jail or drunk when I was a kid.
I just dont have anymore words that can explain how friggin ecstatic I feel right now.

Anyone who struggles with regret. Letting go. Forgiveness.
I am a firm believer that as long as you do what you need to do on your part to make amends. And learn to forgive and let go. It may take time. But it is key to moving forward.
We are only responsible for our own actions and we cant control anyone but ourselves.
I had to let go and forgive to make myself better. And I had to wait a year for my amends. But it came. And I cant tell you how grateful I am.

Ok chokin back tears again.
Today is a wonderful day people.

Astro 09-05-2008 01:03 PM

Very happy for you!

(I'm struggling a little at the moment with the relationship I have with my father. This is a good lesson for me!)

Anna 09-05-2008 01:08 PM

Trish, I am so happy for you.

I hope you and your Dad can enjoy lots of time together.

grateful2b 09-05-2008 01:14 PM

oh Trish, so happy for you!
blessings for you both...:hug: grateful

Dee74 09-05-2008 01:15 PM

excellent Trish!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Thumbs-up.gif

D

Rella927 09-05-2008 01:16 PM

Trish that is great news-very happy for you! :bounce
Hope you get to spend a lot of precious time together! :hug:

tanyapmc 09-05-2008 01:19 PM

:ghug2
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

dancinggirl 09-05-2008 01:22 PM

I'm very happy for you!!!

Lenina 09-05-2008 01:22 PM

Oh Chiynita! I am so happy for you! I needed to read something like that today as I am struggling with an amends I made a while ago. I keep trying to let go, know I did my best to make the amends but I'm not sure how it was accepted. I know that shouldn't be an obsession. Forgiveness isn't a right, it's a gift.

Thank you for helping me today and again, I am so happy for you!

Love,

Lenina

BUTTERFLY-7 09-05-2008 01:22 PM

You Go Girl You Deserve it cause I know You've Been trough Hell and Back
I'm Glad you posted about Forgiveness God works in mysterious ways
I'm also encountering resentment and pain and How to Let Go certain
Individuals who came in my life Fake it the Funk and then show there
true Colors

and also I'm having a hard time forgiving my Mom for Abandoning me
and my Brothers,but thatnx girl cause God is talking trough your experience
of strength and Hope,and is funny cause I Had a Dream this morning
that My Husband was up and that I was suppose to be sleeping
But in the dream I got up but he tough I was sound sleep

and that he star it pasting back, and forward ,Interceding (Meaning he was Praying for my Soul),and he was talking to God, and he was telling the Lord
to Heal me from my Scars and wounds but in a Crying way he was really praying from the heart and when I woke up I usually Go to sleep with a the Radio on
to a Spanish Christian Station and all I here was the Preacher talk about
Forgiveness Deep!! God can't speak more clear than a Rooster Sing

sorry it was so long what I had to say but I'm just so over whelmed
with this topic of Forgiveness Thanx Girl:ghug3

Jules62 09-05-2008 01:45 PM

This is really powerful to read and just wonderful, Trish.I am really happy for you!What a great reward for your letting go and forgiving.Wow.Just wow. :)

Aysha 09-05-2008 02:07 PM

I just cant stop crying now...I am just so grateful. It is way overwhelming.
I learned with my grandfather that we need to put differences aside and learn to forgive. I spent most of my life in hate wiht my grandfather. But in his last 6 mos of life. When we found out he was dieing. None of that mattered. Not for him or me.
I juts kept imagining something happening to my father before we got to come together again.
I am truly blessed. I dont know why. But its things like this that make me a believer that there is something greater out there. Even though I struggle with whatever it is. Something is working here.

grateful2b 09-05-2008 02:15 PM

Trish, you are a lesson on forgiveness....:hug:

kelsh 09-05-2008 02:23 PM

Relationships after a falling-out...

Hi chy, :You_Rock_

I don't have much family anymore except my husband, children & grandchildren. When my Mom & Dad were still here they were very supportive of me when I had my depression & alcoholism diagnosis. I just went through a very stressful time & ended up in a manic episode & had to go to the psyc ward in a hospital 300 miles away from my family. :skillet

I did not remember what all I did but of course have been told. I haven't had a manic attack as bad as this one before. I felt bad that my 14 year old grandson saw me go through this before I was taken to the hospital but his mom said he felt sad & worried about me but wasn't upset about my actions.

I was in the psyc hospital 10 days and have been home two days now. I am still getting back to normal for me and will see my doc on Tuesday.

It is so important to have my family supporting me...they called me every day.Then when I got home my daughter waited a day to tell me that my brother had a heart attack but is okay...now I can't get him or his friend on the phone so need to get that worked out. I left a message on my nephew's phone and wrote a letter to my brother. :praying

I just have to learn to take each day as it comes and take care of what I can and let the rest go or wait until a better time. I learned a long time ago about what I can change & what I can't change...that was a big help to me.

It is so good you & your Dad have a good relationship again. It is so important to us as a child to know the unconditional love of a parent...but we have to take a look at ourselves & our part in the falling out too.

I never could quite grasp "my ownership in a problem situation" but now I do thanks to AA.

kelsh

nogard 09-05-2008 05:18 PM

Fantastic Trish and it keeps getting better

Rusty Zipper 09-05-2008 06:19 PM

Trish, ah, those dang promises again!

so happy for you!

Impurrfect 09-06-2008 07:02 AM

((((Trish))))

You just made my day.....again:) Any time I come here and see another break-through for you, it brings a smile to my face. You've struggled, but you keep on. If it weren't for our struggles, we would appreciate all the good nearly so much.

Your HP, whoever or whatever it is, is definitely looking out for you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

22NGONE 09-06-2008 10:01 AM

Trish,

I'm very happy for you and it all happened because YOU stayed clean and sober. Congratulations!

John

Jho65 09-06-2008 10:18 AM

Good for you C. My mom and I had a falling out and we held our grudge for 20 years. Who says I can't commit to things? She dies this past year and neither of us got the chance to reconcile in person. Earlier in the year I was able to forgive her to myself, but was not ready to speak to her and let her know I had forgiven her. My mistake, she passed before I was ready to make that step. Good for you, build on what you can. I happy so happy for you! :ghug3