Notices

What are you doing today to stay sober?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

sober is good and that I am but moody. walking and water fitness aren't enough to keep me healthy must fill my time with more activities
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Drinking lots of coffee.

Since I quit drinking I'm spending a small fortune on coffee beans, but that amount is nothing compared to what I spent on booze.
When I tally up the weekly cost, it is frightening to see how much I spent on alcohol.

Now I take that same amount and put it in the bank every friday morning after I visit my substance abuse therapist. I opened up that account the day after I stopped drinking.

Most of my day will be spent finishing the renovation of my son's bedroom. I started the renovation last summer when I was sober for a few weeks. Then I went on a binge most of last winter and this spring...and didn't do anything in that room.

so, now, I'm sober and finishing a job I started 15 months ago. It's rewarding to finish it.
The amount of work I have been getting done since I quit drinking is unbelievable.
so, I guess I could could say I am working to stay sober.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I am starting a new dance class tonight. I have always wanted to take lessons and always put everyone's elses needs before mine, but not now. Time to take care of me. It will be a good way to transfer all this frustration I have been feeling.

Wish me luck
Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I need to have more in my life so I'm going to look for a job today
Old 09-11-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I don't know about the news in other countries but here we had the media going on about the end of the world when they turned that thing on at CERN in Switzerland.

Addict Voice, never one to miss an opportunity, told me if the world did end today, I would have wasted the last five days being sober instead of getting wasted.

My very next thought was how the last five days would have been a gift if the world had ended, because I spent every one of them sober, with my children, and I had lived every minute of those days and could remember everything.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today I woke up thankful once more for waking up sober. It's getting easier every day to stay sober. I'm not getting too many cravings these days, but any I do get I'm really good at talking myself out of drinking. Don't want to sabotage my efforts.

One day at a time is a great way to stay sober, and a great way to look at my life too.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Reading excerpts from Drinking A Love Story and Voices of Alcoholism, Stories of Recovery. Supporting others on this website, whether they are struggling or celebrating brithdays and victories. Another sober day sounds good to me...............
Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Holding my family and friends a little closer. Praying for the world. Visiting my mom and grandma, and still waiting for the rest of my sons blood work to come back. Spend atleast 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer, and getting ready for overnight company.
(All that just may keep me busy)
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Read Just for Today this morning
Talked to HP
will phone a few members today
Read and Post on SR
Meeting tonight

and basically whatever it takes to stay clean today
Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Meeting up for dinner w/a new AA friend and going to a meeting afterward. And coming here
Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Just feeling great with no fuzzy head this morning is working so far. A little fearful for this first weekend though...
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Itsmytime.: Remember to just worry about today.

I don't have any big plans tonight so my plan to stay today is simply to not drink.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm working tonight until 2am. Used to make sure I had wine for when I come home and would stay up till 5am drinking it.

Got none in the fridge and off to work soon so I cant buy any
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Man, I tell y'all what... I am SUPER BUSY today! I doubt I'll even have time to think about drinking! It's only 10:45 and already I've been at it. Had a program at school with the kindergartener, then went to the pet store to replace some fish that have recently died. Came home, cleaned out the tank and set it back up. I'm having lunch with my dad in an hour, then Little One has a soccer game tonight. Immediately after the soccer game, I have to go to Teenager's school to work in the concession stand for the football game!!

*WHEW*! I'm exhausted just typing it all out! LOL
Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Am having a "me day" after saying goodbye to the last of a long line of visitors. Listening to my body which aside from suffering from chocolate-poisoning, is weary, so an hour of pampering and early night on the cards. Last thought.....gratitude for another sober day.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

taking care of puppies and going to build a house!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I get to drive 3 hours to my uncle's 80th b-day party. Lots of family there. Should be fun, just gotta avoid the wine...feel very strongly that I will be fine with it!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today and every day I remind myself of where I'd end up if I picked up that first drink. And I DO NOT want to go back there!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Reminding myself how great I feel on my first hangover free Saturday in over a year.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Dismember

I've got some great help today. The Detroit PD are acting as my "sponsor" and they're a sponsor you don't want to disappoint (if only all sponsors were issued handcuffs, right?)

But on a more personal, self-chosen level, I'm trying to enjoy my first day off in a while. Listening to glorious Motown, posting on SR, plotting new milestones for my recovery process, re-reading a touching e-mail from my best friend who moved away, and going to an AA meeting later.