Notices

Tell me about your User Name!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I am TinyBear because that's a term of affection that I use when things are sweet between my ABF and I. At first, I chose it because I didn't want to use any of my common internet nicknames, because he knows all of those and I was a little afraid that if he searched for those names, or something, he'd find my posts here, so I picked "TinyBear" -- a name he wouldn't guess.

But now, it really just reminds me of my affection for him, an deep and lasting affection that is part of my life, as much as his alcoholism has become a part of my life. Even when things are hard or difficult, it reminds me that he's not a bad person, he's in the grips of a disease. I love him and neither of us are really to blame for all of this. It's just a tragedy. There will always be a small slice of my heart where he's my TinyBear even if this disease causes me to move out, leave him, and build a new life with someone else.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:48 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

username

And I have mine "Julesy" I am just an open person. My real name is Julia. I would rather have a lateral thinking pseudo, but I don't!! I am just me. Be yourself. :wtf2
Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Mines pretty clear, "Tryingto"
I am trying to give up alcohol.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I have had the nickname "Cube" for a long time. My wife's best friend gave me the name after an all night party 25 years ago. I woke up with a screaming hangover and terrible headache. :brick I was dreaming about this headache. In my dream, thousands of lead cubes were being stacked up in all the recesses of my skull. LOL. I shared this dream with her and the nickname stuck. Somewhere along the way it evolved to Cubile... To this day her and her husband never, ever, call me Mark. (They are both now in recovery, BTW, for 3-4 years....)

I graduated High School in 1975, hence the 75.

Glad this question rose back up to the top!!

Mark (Cubile75)