SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1 - Begin again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/156962-day-1-begin-again.html)

Eclipse 09-02-2008 07:58 AM

Day 1 - Begin again

Okay, so school is starting today, the kids all dressed in their new school clothes and backbacks full of school supplies, the long weekend is over, it is beautiful outside so this is a good day for a NEW DAY 1.

I really want to lose some weight, so I will get out and walk and eat good and remember that the wine has tons of calories. I am going to take a vitamin everyday and drink tons of water.

I am going to journal, I think it helps me keep on track and focus and what I need to be focusing on.

So we will see how it goes.

I hope everyone else has a great week. :Dance7:

dancinggirl 09-02-2008 08:11 AM

Day one for me, too. Good luck to you! :)

bostonluv 09-02-2008 08:14 AM

Good plan Eclipse. :)

wibble 09-02-2008 08:23 AM

Good luck to both of you.

devilhasme 09-02-2008 08:25 AM

me too

CarolD 09-02-2008 10:29 AM

Eclipse ....:hug:

Glad to see you are having a fresh start

Pixy1 09-02-2008 02:35 PM

Keep posting :ghug3

Anna 09-02-2008 02:38 PM

It sounds like a good plan, Eclipse.

I need to focus on all aspects of my life, in order to recover.

Eclipse 09-02-2008 03:21 PM

Its about time to go home and I find myself looking for a reason to stop at the store...there must be something we need. But there isn't. I will just drive right by and go straight home. We live far enough out that is not an option to just change my mind later and drive in for some wine....eek!:atv

Rowan 09-02-2008 03:27 PM

You can do this, Eclipse. Just for today. PM me anytime if you need any help.

TryingSoHard 09-02-2008 08:05 PM

I'm beginning again with you tomorrow, honey.

We already have so much in common... we can do this together, can't we?

scorpiogirl 09-02-2008 08:40 PM

You go Girl!

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 1894537)
it is beautiful outside so this is a good day for a NEW DAY 1......I will get out and walk and eat good and remember that the wine has tons of calories. I am going to take a vitamin everyday and drink tons of water.
I am going to journal, I think it helps me keep on track and focus and what I need to be focusing on.

Sounds like a grrrrrrt recipe for success! Yeaaa! :c014: :dance1a:

Jig 09-03-2008 01:33 AM

Good stuff Eclipse.

mxchaos 09-03-2008 03:14 AM

one day at a time it works

HideorSeek 09-03-2008 06:01 AM

On day 3 here myself, Eclipse and Dancingirl. We'll hold cyber hands, OK?:ghug2

Eclipse 09-03-2008 07:36 AM

Good morning everyone! Feeling pretty good today. Took a nice long walk this morning with a friend, got half the kids on the bus working on the other half, got some laundry in the washer, watching the birds outside!

I do not really seem to have any detox problems, just a little anxious, I guess because I have been cutting back pretty good the last week or two. Just want it to stay like this.

I gagged down my vitamins yesterday and my new drink of choice is low sodium V-8. Probably more calories than I need, but for now it hits the spot. Need to drink more water though

Well, I hope everyone else is doing well, I am off to work in the next hour and my boss is out of town for two days - wow - what more can a person ask for!

Lets all hang in there together and get this done. I can hardly wait to get on this forum to find out how everyone is doing. Let's keep working on this together, the encouragement means so much to me!

Hilltopper1972 09-03-2008 07:52 AM

I was gonna offer my usual advice, but I went out with my wife, one of my best buds who just got engaged to celebrate on Monday. I had a beer and a glass of wine. I didn't even want to drink, but the peer pressure got to me. I felt socially accepted to drink a bit. Stupid isn't it? Therefore in reality this is back to day 2 for me. I need to be able to combat those situations better. I went to a wedding and had no problem because I had the kids there, lots of people, etc. Why didn't I just say, "I'm going on a long bike ride in the morning so I want to be fresh." or something like that? I was weak. I wasn't weak over the booze, I was weak over social acceptance, which brings up this point for everyone because it is an extremely big issue. We don't want to be labeled as freaks. We want to be part of the "In Crowd" and because of this I'm sure many of us have caved. I didn't drink last night though, didn't even think about it, and I won't tonight. I think it best to avoid those situations whenever you can as I know that now!

HeavyJ 09-03-2008 08:02 AM

Good Job Eclipse. I love your new focus, water weightloss and vitamins.. I'm with you! I'm going to get some water now...

Heavy

scorpiogirl 09-04-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 1895639)
Good morning everyone! Feeling pretty good today.

Yeaaaa! Glad to hear this stuff!. It's a roller-coaster in the beginning and we just get to learn to ride the waves and the curves. :danse1b:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 1895639)
I gagged down my vitamins yesterday and my new drink of choice is low sodium V-8. Probably more calories than I need, but for now it hits the spot. Need to drink more water though

I never really thought about it much but yes, I still carry a drink wherever I go (of water though!). I have over 20 years and i never leave the house without something to drink....clear liquid....and i'm not talking bout vodka! :roflmao
![/QUOTE]

Eclipse 09-04-2008 01:28 PM

We can all do this. Just gotta focus on the right things! So far so good. Big hugs for everyone and just keep pluggin along.

I'm really into that V8 and I thought it had lots of calories, but only 50 calories for 8 oz. Lot less that a glass of wine and it fills me up...

Just think how slim and trim (might take a little while) I'll be after no calories from wine. Did I hear over 500 calories in a bottle...wow 1,000 a day for me. No wonder I can't loose weight.

Hopefully the blood pressure will keep going down (not too far lol).

Hang in there everyone its a great day out there and we're not gonna miss it!