Notices

I hate weekends

Old 08-31-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I hate weekends

I look forward to them all week at work. Then when they get here. I am just so tired and lazy and depressed.
I dont feel like doing anything....I am bored and sick of just work and home all the time.
I feel bad for feeling like this. There are alot of people here going through some serious things right now and I am complaining that my life sucks.
Sorry guys.
Just feel sad for no reason.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sad for no reason? me too
I blame spring - or in your case, fall - everyone's a bit doolally Trish

(((((Chiy)))))))

D
Old 08-31-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel sad for no reason too.

Don't know what is going on with us.

Hang in there.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep your chin up. At least you are clean!! Try to look at the positive side. I think everyone goes through the same thing. We work hard all week and it is very hard to let go of what we used to do on the weekends. Keep yourself busy anbd try to plan on doing new things that you haven't done before.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I sometimes find myself antincipating the weekend too-then it gets here and I'm like 'so what?' and it's disappointing.

I'm sorry you feel sad for no reason.I hate that and it can be hard to shake, I know.

Julesxox
Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I can't wait until my 2 days off, then all I want to do is hang out on SR and sleep...can't get motivated to actually DO anything, so I understand.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I get bored which isn't good but none the less I just go with it so far. I know I could stay bored or find something to do. I've had moment when I've felt horrible and been all alone and not known who to talk to, that's stinks!!!!

Hope you get through it ok, keep sharing and be good to YOU!!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi chiynita,

I know what you mean about the weekends. I was like that for a while in early sobriety. It does get better. Just hang in there. Your doing great.

Barb
Old 09-01-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
I look forward to them all week at work. Then when they get here. I am just so tired and lazy and depressed.
I dont feel like doing anything....I am bored and sick of just work and home all the time.
I feel bad for feeling like this. There are alot of people here going through some serious things right now and I am complaining that my life sucks.
Sorry guys.
Just feel sad for no reason.

Other than going out,is there something nice you can do at weekends,like order some food,a pizza and get some dvds in and relax with some friends or a partner?Can you do something free like go to the beach or go somewhere nice like woods or park,have a picnic and have a day out,take some photos,go for a walk.walking somewhere nice with someone you like or love,good exercise.Can you perhaps read a good book,buy yourself something nice and pamper yourself with something?Books,music,dvds.Take long walks,have a nice bath with some nice bath soak and candles,relax and enjoy your time at home,just simple things,cook yourself a nice meal even.Do you have any hobbies you can do like photography,gardening,art anything simple that is a distraction?Could you go for a drive somewhere nice or go to the cinema even on your own if needs be,take in some theatre or plays,a concert?What about some volunteer work or go to local library and get some books about hobbies or interests or local interest groups you can join for free?What about a cycle ride somewhere,do you have a bicycle?Are there musuems or art galleries where you live you can visit for free?
Old 09-06-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I still hate em.
DRAMA!!!

I friggin hate it when my grams drinks.
A beer or two is fine. But dam!! Why does she gotta get F***ed up?
My cousins husband she is separated from is staying here for the weekend with his kids cause its his weekend and his sister where he stays was having a drinking party and didnt want the kids around it.
So WTF are you gonna come to my house for and drink around them for?
He's not wasted. But my grams is.
And she likes to run her mouth when she drinks like that. Talking **** about my cousin to him.
He is the last person she needs to be blabbing about my cousin to.
He gets mad at her next time and he will throw all that **** right in her face. And where did he hear it?
Her own grandmother.
My cousin does need to stop being so occupied with herself and get her head out of her a$$. But you dont tell her husband that. Especially when he isnt too happy about her leaving him to begin with. She is not being a bad mother. She just gets caught up in herself alot. She is a free woman for the first time in years.
She went to the city with her friend this weekend and didnt tell anyone anything about who was taking the kid to the bus Mon. She just figures someone will do it. She fails to make these arrangements. She knows someone will. But noone knowswhat the othe ris doing or whats going on. And that is her responsibility.
That isnt somethin she needs to be telling him.
I got pi$$ed and told her to shut her mouth.
She knows better. SO when he does get mad atr her and she wonders where he got all that from. Shes gonna cry and be upset.
My grams needs to learn how to keep out of peoples business.
She is always buttin in everyones business. And then wonders why people get upset.
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I know..TMI..You all dont need to hear my personal family stuff. But I just cant take it.
I dont like getting mad at her. But she doesnt learn and then I have to be the one who hears all the BS.

I hate it when she drinks!!! I F***ing hate it!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ugh...sound like a fun filled evening Trish. No advice on this stuff...glad you could vent here. Hope you feel a little bit better.

Maybe the thought of banging around tomorrow morning as payback to dear grams (with her hangover) will put a smile on your face?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Trish-I'm really sorry.that has to be so hard to deal with.

I don't have any advice.Just hope you're hanging in there okay,

Julesxox