Notices

I need something from you...

Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Here's to hoping your Friday night was smooth (and sober!), and that Saturday doesn't give you any unnecessary stress. We're thinkin' aboutcha!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How'd it go?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I find it interesting that on one hand you say your wife is supportive and on the other hand you say, "...She came home yesterday with a "boat-load" of booze..." (could be just me, but that doesn't sound all that supportive to me).

Yes, folks have their rights, but it is YOUR house (along with your wife, of course). I'm one of those folks who still smokes (my bad), but when I visit friends in CA, their's is a non-smoking house. I wouldn't dream of smoking there, just because I have a right (and I'm bigger 'n them....lol). Couldn't you and your wife come to some sort of agreement, and then announce to your guests that this weekend there will be drinking and non-drinking areas.....? It might just work, even if you're the only one in the non-drinking area (which I doubt....I bet you'll find a whole lotta others there too.....).....

Anyway.....just a suggestion..... (o:

NoelleR
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Heavy, Sorry I am late on this thread! I hope you are doing ok on your weekend. All I can offer is what I did in my earliest sobriety -I followed the advice that I got here...I will never forget the first time I heard these words from my much-loved friend Taz... WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!! I would hide in my room, in our camper, go for a walk, a drive, whatever....just take yourself wherever you need to go, mentally and physically, to stay sober. And, AMEN, on not risking your sobriety for the sake of politeness!!!!

Last year this time, I was working on my first stretch of sobriety in forever, and I remember being so tempted at a campfire in our campground, I could feel myself getting ready to drink, so I literally ran away to our little camper and hid in the bed with a flashlite and a book so no one would know where I was. The next morning, I was kinda embarrassed (for leaving without saying goodnight -LOL) and said to our camping neighbors, "hey, sorry, I kinda ran out on yall last night" and they were like "Oh, you did? " I realized then that not only wasn't my drinking/sobriety the center of everyone's universe, but they were so drunk themselves that they had no idea or concern as to what I did.

I am sure your family will care, but they will also understand. And if not....nah....too much of a lady to type what I was thinking!!! LOL

You can do this Heavy!!! Check in and let us know how it's going.

Love ya, bud, Jomey
Old 08-30-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Heavy,
Thinking of you. Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend with family and friends!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My God that would be hard for me. I would have to go away for the weekend or something. But I only have a week, maybe down the road it would be different. Big hugs and I sure hope you're surviving it!
Reading about this has reminded me I have to think up something to do about when my sons come home in about a week. Maybe sooner with the hurricane going on down there. They'll expect to have booze and pot in the house. They're grown now, I'm not talking about tykes here. Yikes. I hate telling them, yet again, that mom has sobered up. It's not that they aren't good guys, they are, but they've just heard it all before too many times.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey KarenOskie ---

"... I have to think up something to do about when my sons come home in about a week. Maybe sooner with the hurricane going on down there. They'll expect to have booze and pot in the house. They're grown now, I'm not talking about tykes here. Yikes. I hate telling them, yet again, that mom has sobered up. It's not that they aren't good guys, they are, but they've just heard it all before too many times..."

I just wanted to give you the same suggestions that I gave to Hevyn----no matter how many times they've heard it all before, this is yet again another time....and it's YOUR house, therefore YOUR rules.....if they truly are good guys, and I'll bet they are, and they are grown.....well, they shouldn't have a problem and respecting your house rules.....nu....? (o:

I'll be sittin here in the rain.....et al....and thinkin bout y'all.... (o:

NoelleR
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I agree. I couldn't be around it. To each their own. Heavy has gone through things like this before and done very well. But it's not for me. No alcohol is coming into my house unless I bring it in, which I hope I won't.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Heavy - thinkin about you this morning and I hope everything's going well!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

JUST read this thread today, sunday, for the first time...

i'm looking forward to your sharing of sucess over this weekend heavy
Old 08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Heavy,

I wish you'd post and tell us you're okay but I bet you're just biking around all over the place and having a wonderful time!! :atv
Old 08-31-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Heavy - Sunday afternoon here...just hanging around the farm today...thinking of you, hope you are blessed with the same kind of great weather that we are enjoying today....plan on going riding later - horse, not bike! Come share with us how things are going! Jomey
Old 08-31-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hey Heavy - just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and hoping the best for you. Check in when you can.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hi, there, Heavy! I've organized a watermelon seed-spitting contest just for you...to see who can spit the farthest. Pffftoooey! I think I won!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Heavy will be delayed for a few hours with all these posts of encouragement! lol
Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Another coming your way, Heavy!

Have you sent all the drunken relatives on their way yet? Or, were you able to keep them busy and reasonably sober?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

May heavy surface shining like a diamond!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hope all is well Heavy............
Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Where oh where is Heavy? Where could Heavy be??
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

WOW!

You guys are all FANTASTIC! I had a very fun and successful weekend! I'm busy at work this morning, (If you can call it work, I get to photograph two beautiful models today)
I'll be back in a couple of hours to tell you all about it! (The weekend)

Thank you again everyone!

Heavy