Notices

My pinky is numb... Worried

Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My pinky is numb... Worried

I woke up after a long night with beer and my pinky down to my wrist felt asleep.. I didnt go away and its day 2. Its a slightly numb feeling. Im not sure if its a pinched nerve from sleeping funny or if the alcohol caused it. Did anyone ever experience this?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck. You know what? If it concerns you then why not just go get it checked out? Go see your doc or a chiropractor.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You should always check with your doctor for medical worries. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The same thing has happened to me, best to get a doctor to look at it.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me, too. I had a nerve or muscle in my right hand that would twitch sometimes for years, and the part of my hand under my pinkie would get numb. It went away on it's own, but I know I should have seen a doc. I hope all is well! Let us know what the Dr. says, I'm curious.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went on a major roller coaster ride this last weekend and when I got off both my hands were really tingly and kept getting worse, almost up to my elbows. I had to go back on the ride again (with the kids--like I hadn't already had enough--I also have horrible bruises on the outsides of both legs from squeezing them again the sides of the ride in complete terror--anyway when I got off the ride the next time the tingling was completely gone. So I think I torqued something in my back and then got slammed back in to shape on the next ride. I bet its a nerve in your shoulder or elbow...wow, the things we do for our kids!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, I want to welcome you to SR.

As I'm sure you have read,we are not allowed to give medical advice here, however, what I am sharing is from experience only. Carpal Tunnel can manifest it's self that way too. Seems like I had about 6 months or so into my Recovery when numbing, tingling, pain would wake me up several times throughout the night. It was the strangest thing, my pinky and ring finger on each hand felt completely numb but it was a terrible pain as well. I went to my Dr. after a few weeks of this and she suggested that I wear splints at night to keep my wrist straight. What was happening was when I fell asleep, I was bending my hands at the wrist, closing off the Carpal Tunnel which has nerves in it. . . therefore I had the tingling and pain. I wore the splints for about a year and they both eventually got better.

Again, if it continues, see your Dr.

I just had a thought, is this your "beer drinking" hand? Maybe someone is trying to tell you something.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR! Glad that you found us and hope that you came for help with recovery! Asking a Doctor would be a great start!

Hope you stick around!