Notices

Top three excuses for not drinking???

Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nolonger View Post
"I'll have an orange juice."
"What? Don't you drink? How come?"
"I love orange juice. I find it really helps me to mind my own business. Can I get you one?"
Ok...That's my favorite....hope I have a chance to use it....do you mind if I steal your material?
Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spudida View Post
Ok...That's my favorite....hope I have a chance to use it....do you mind if I steal your material?
Course...! anyway, I just stole it off someone else, from a great man who died recently, and who had his own on/off struggle with the booze...
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/21/ar...ic/21drew.html
It's actually from the exact opposite situation (not making light of relapses, but it is a funny line).
Old 08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It's a strange question - "why aren't you drinking?", like it's an accusation. I wouldn't go upto something with a coffee in my hand and ask them why they aren't drinking coffee as well. The best thing to do is turn the question around and ask they why they are drinking.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
What always astounded me was that when I said 'I'm not drinking tonight' no one batted an eyelid.

What? My drinking isn't the center of the universe?!
I LOVE this! Seriously, in the beginning I used to fret over this and then I finally just told someone No thanks but can I have a soda and that was the end of the discussion. I could not believe it!!!
Bahahahaha
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Best reason for not using; its a sunny morning, I am well and alive and the day lays before me sparkling with possibilites and choices!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thought about this for a bit and relised no one has asked me about drinking at all. I guess it is because I do not go any place that people drink. Not trying to be smart about it. That's the truth.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well... it happened. I was out at an event & one of my customers asks me if I would like a drink & I say "no I have a golf tournament tomorrow & its going to be a long day so no drinking for me tonight" (Pretty long eh lol) She responds "Its pretty sad to see you drinking water" I then said "If you saw me wasted you might be glad I am drinking water"

I think they had the right intention in wanting to do something for me for taking them to a great event, I wonder what she would have said if I asked for a roasted chicken salad instead :wtf2
Old 08-28-2008, 08:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Wow...

I'm known for my drinking, so everyone wants to know why I'm not anymore. My typical response is something like: "I'm just kind of over it, I'm sick of feeling like I'm in college, hangovers and all. I feel a lot better now." That has silenced 99% of my co-workers.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
I'm known for my drinking, so everyone wants to know why I'm not anymore. My typical response is something like: "I'm just kind of over it, I'm sick of feeling like I'm in college, hangovers and all. I feel a lot better now." That has silenced 99% of my co-workers.
Exactly, the people that know me (Friends & coworkers) pretty much expect the "Master G gong show party event". I like your responses.. thanks.

Im still a work in progress
Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I've always found that the truth is the best.....NOT an 'excuse' NOR a 'reason' but the TRUTH.......

"No, thankyou, I don't want a drink."

.....and that truly is the truth today. (o:

NoelleR
Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Are you sighing at me??!!!
J/K
I dont drink..So I havent the first clue. And being a crack addict..You dont really need excuses as to why your not hitting the hood for a crack fix.
The reason we make excuses for not drinking, alcoholism might not be so obvious, especially for the practicing alcoholics in our lives. If you're in a social situation with drinkers, some of whom may or may not be alcoholic, and you used to drink with them. I think you get the idea. I like what someone else said, it-drinking-doesn't work for me anymore, or words to that effect.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

"Why knowingly and willingly drink something that makes one weak and sick?" - quote(paraphrased) from an unremembered source
Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Bumped for a friend {lostbutterfly}