Notices

Had a Good Massage Lately?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile Had a Good Massage Lately?

I treated myself to a massage yesterday, deep tissue. I woke up so sore. Each knot that was worked on feels like I was hit there with a hammer. For years I have had chronic stress, evident in my neck & shoulders. I have tried Yoga, Tai Chi and stretching. I have been very conscious of my stress level and relaxing where I feel it surface. This struggle, while productive, was also laced with drinking. During each massage I was asked if I'd been drinking lots of water. I was doing the opposite! Becoming dehydrated by drinking lots of alcohol! After each massage, I was told to drink lots of water. I drank lots alright, lots of alcohol! This is the first time in years that I have done the right thing when it comes to a massage. Lots of water before and lots of water afterwards. It really feels good to be normal.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had one in July, and it was delightful. I have fibromyalgia so they have to go a little less deep on my outer thighs and a couple other areas, but other wise I like those muscles rubbed down with more pressure.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad it went well! I'm afraid I'm too much of a wimp for deep-tissue...lol...I'm more of a "draw on my back, please!" type of gal! lol
Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get a combo of the swedish and the deep tissue for my chronic shoulder, back & neck pain at least once a month. I love it. Oh.....so nice. I used to come home and drink alcohol also Hope. It is nice to just drink water and feel just as relaxed without the booze and so much nicer to our bodies.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

I'm with you there bostonluv, I sure am enjoying my new life, as tears fill my eyes, I wish I had those years back. But then I wouldn't have met all the wonderful people here on SR. ((hugs))
Prayers are on the house!