Notices

Sobriety and Money

Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety and Money

I'd love to hear some stories of your journeys about sobriety and your financial situation. We all hear about the amount people spend on Booze each month. In my situation in wine alone it was minimum $750/mo. That is just the wine. As I said before, I made an excuse to go to the grocery store to get "food" or something to bbq each night which was really just so I had a reason to get more wine. I think if you take everything into account including the extra food, snackies, couple of dinners, meet my buddies, my habit cost me upwards of $1500/mo. Being in some good sized debt already means that after a few months of this, especially since I'll be more efficient at work and make more money there, I might be ahead of the game as much as $2k just for giving up this beastly habit. 2 GRAND! To get ourselves excited I'd like to know what each of you are gonna do with your savings. Mine is going to debt which isn't exciting, but in the future I see an RV in my sites to take the family camping in. Let 'er rip, what are you gonna do?

Hill
Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I envisioned a HUGE investment portfolio.

I quit drinking & drugging and turned that vision into reality.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The longer I've been sober, the less money I have and the further in debt I go....but....

Now I have clothes that fit, my house is having the repairs and upkeep done, My car is being taken care of, I am helping out my friends as appropriete...

It sucks to not have the money hoarded that I did before, but I think that today I am probably living a healthier life style....nice to no longer have a moldy basement or have my pants litterally fall off at work!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

.....I got pocketbook poor in recovery
However...
my fantastic life is spiritually rich.

Hopeing you too will find the joy
Blessings
Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I spent about $300 per week going to bars. Now that I am sober, we actually can pay all our bills on time and we have money to spare. Sobriety is so much better!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was putting my wine on my account that my hubby doesn't see because I knew he would be asking me about it. Now I am going to pay that off this week and never go there again.