Notices

Then you really might know what its like.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Then you really might know what its like.

I always played the poor me card. All my life.
Poor me this and poor me that.
All the while I was too busy looking at what was wrong with my life. I never relized what was good.
That may have played a part in my addiction.
Surrounded by happiness and love and never saw it because I was too wrapped up in my darkness.
I would often hear my grams say..your a lucky girl. And I was like yea right.
Why? Because I didnt have a mom..I didnt have a dad. I was asian and got picked on. I wasnt the prettiest girl or popular.
I wasnt good at sports otr didnt do good in school.

Later in life it became. I am not good enough to do that. I am not smart enough. I just dont have what it takes. Why do I have to have alcoholic grandparents? Why am I an addict? Why cant I just be successful like the rest of my family.

NOW...I see. I held myself back. With my thinking. Whoaes me.
I dont have the good job or the college degree. So I am not worth anyhting.
I have a crap job..no car. No money saved. Dont own a house.

But I have begun to see throuhg my recovery. That I have everything a person could ever hope for.
Thats a roof over my head..food in my fridge..A wonderful loving family who accept me for me. A job that pays. Wonderful funny beautiful children who love me and feel safe with me. I have my life drug free again. I am able to struggle in a good way to live happily the way I was meant to. I know no matter what I will always have my family.

I was so spoiled all my life and it caused me to take advantage of alot of things that matter in life. Now as I grow older and grow in my recovery. I can appreciate the things that really matter.

This song got me thinking of all that.

To me this song says....There is always someone worse off than me. Without choice. Be thankful for what I have and not worry about what I dont.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4z9f9Eybv4I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4z9f9Eybv4I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
Old 08-22-2008, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was a great video!!! Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is one of my favorites, thank you for reminding me.

Sidenote: HP must have meant me to really watch/listen to it. My computer didn't shut down. :bounce
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Great post. I wish I had not spent so much time thinking, "poor me this, poor me that". Now I see that I did have a lot going for me. I also had many crappy things put on me as a child...and that does make it rough. BUT...what I learned is that I don't have to have a crappy adulthood. NOW I get to do what I need to take care of me, and keek me safe and happy. And I don't have to let anyone take that away from me.

I'm glad you are there for your kids, too. All we can do is give them our best, and hope for the rest.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great video, and thanks for sharing. In my brief recovery (50 days), the lyrics to music have so much more meaning. Thanks again.

Tom