Notices

For those with less than 2 weeks sober...Part 3

Old 08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

so go already...

Carol, thank you for taking "chronically" out of the thread title
I never noticed
but yeah - thank you Carol - to me the chronic label doesn't help - it's really important to keep things positive.

and SelfSeeking - I think you did the right thing however much it might suck tonight LOL - we alkies will always find a loophole if we can - by telling everyone it's that much harder...I told everyone, and I'm so glad now I did.

FD hope you feel better today

big hugs to everyone

D
Old 08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember View Post
Well here I am. Ignore everything I said before.
I think I might make that my catch-phrase! LOL

On a serious note, I know how you feel FD, pets bring a lot of joy and I get very attached to them.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember View Post
Somehow you're posts make me feel good about being upset, but at the same time not feel bad about feeling bad. I need to practice that. I know I want to be sober and the fact that you guys know it too - it just feels great.
That is EXACTLY how I feel. Everyone here - including you! - is SO SO great, sometimes I just can't believe it.

Forever, I am so sorry about the animals and how much it upset you. But I second what everyone before me said. Don't be afraid to be sad, and don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day, a new start. Many hugs to you.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by ksplash5 View Post
I read all the ending posts of the last chronic relapsers under 2 weeks and could really relate to the difficulties of TRYINGTOOHARD. because that is right where i am at....before i read her post this morning i was thinking of writing about the very same thing. every time i've come here for the last week i'm reporting that it's another day 1 for me. kind've frustrating and embarassing to be doing this...........but

on the positive side i've experience the unlimited compassion and empathy in this thread and the whole SR site for "relapse". it would be a great example for AA to have this kind of understanding. who else should understand the difficulties of addiction better than an alcholic/addict? who else should have more empathy? Who else should not feel as if they are better than someone who is down and in the midst of addiction?
We're in this together, k. *hugs*
Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by least View Post
To anyone struggling... I've finally decided to stay sober after so many many false starts and relapses. But if a chronic relapser like me can make it this far, so can anyone. You just 'gotta wanna', that's all.

I am finding that with each sober day I'm getting stronger and more determined to stick to it. So never give up! Never!! Keep trying til you get it right!

:ghug
Least, I know you are so right. My problem right now is that I CARE, I just don't care ENOUGH to quit yet. I don't know why. I honestly don't.

I don't like being hungover. I don't like not remembering going to bed the night before. I don't like not remembering conversations. I don't like waking up with a headache and upset stomach. I don't like the self-shame I feel the day after. I don't like knowing that I'm slowly but surely killing myself.

Yet I keep drinking.

I'm sick. Body, soul, and mind. I know this, logically.

*sigh* I wonder when I will be strong enough to do something about it.

I am so, so, so thankful to have found y'all.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Oh yeah. I meant to say:

I've been avoiding this site all day because of my shame and embarrassment from last night's behavior (and tonight's). I'm glad I came back. I logged on to find 1 friend request, 1 cell phone number (Self, I didn't get yours!), and 3 PMs.

Y'all really are the best.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
I should have just kept my mouth shut, that way I would only be betraying myself!
Isn't that the worst betrayal of all, though?

*HUGS*
Old 08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sad to say, TSH, I am used to betraying myself, especially when it comes to not-drinking resolutions. That's a pretty familiar feeling, although not a positive one.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm right there with ya, baby.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

toast......
Welcome to our recovery community
Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey there humility

I just chucked 12 weeks of sobriety. Drinking by myself while my SO is at work saving lives.
I was soooo full of advice for others today. I had noticed that about my posts. I was being defensive because I was so close to losing my sh!t. Dealing with other people's problems is much more attractive than handling my own.
Sorry to everyone I bs'ed today.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ha. 12 days. Not 12 weeks, 12 days.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Honey girl, you did NOT bs anyone. And yes, it is SO much easier to tell other people what to do than to actually do it yourself.

Does that make you wrong? NO. It makes you HUMAN.

I'm here with you, girl. Let me be here with you.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DON'T give up!! DON'T give in!! Learn from it and keep on moving forward. I've done the same thing, couldn't seem to accumulate many sober days. I thought I was hopeless.

But I'm not hopeless and neither are you! Start over again!

:ghug3
Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

No one of us is hopeless. We all have hope or else we wouldn't be here.

Least is an inspiration to us. As are so many others.

Let's me and you start over together tomorrow. Please? I'll help you if you'll help me. WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

SelfSeeking- Don't be so hard on yourself. We've all had our ups and downs. Just pick up tomorrow and start over tomorrow. We've all been there. That's why we are all still here. We need the support and encouragement of everyone else on here. Feel free to PM me if you need to. I don't know what kind of role model I am but I am still trying no matter what.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

What win said.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I said this once already tonight, but Least is an inspiration for me (as are MANY OTHERS here). I have relapsed ... even many times since joining SR... but the people here still love me, still support me, still encourage me to start over.

I am trying to join up with at least one other person here to start over with.

But even if we screw up, even if we relapse... we know there is hope. There is friendship. There is support. There is love.

And that means SO MUCH. It means more than I can say, especially since I am struggling through this without my husband knowing of my problem. This is the only place I am honest... accountable...

The fact that I can come here and be honest is huge.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You are right on girl!!!! This is the place that you can be honest and get support. Feel free to PM me if you need to or reach out and get support from the many friends you have here. I have relapsed many times so I might not be a good role model but I am still here and still trying. That is the main thing; that you do not give up trying.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

See???

That's exactly what I mean.

"I have relapsed many times so I might not be a good role model but I am still here and still trying. That is the main thing; that you do not give up trying."

I love y'all. I really do.