Notices

I took my first dose of suboxone this morning!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I took my first dose of suboxone this morning!

Hello everyone! Well, I did it! I went into my doctor this morning and took my first dose of suboxone!

Last night was VERY hard, I had a hard time staying asleep! I woke up at
2am and couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned and had to keep running to the bathroom. I was throwing up and having diarha(sp?). I was also really restless.

I am just so excited for me! I can't wait to be me once again! The fun loving person who sings and dances all the time! The person who has been hiding for the last (almost) four years! I am so happy that I realized I was addicted! I mean, I knew I was addicted for a long time, but, with my Tarlov Cysts I had to be on pain meds. And I might even have to go back to SOMETHING once I get clean, for the pain. As Tarlov Cyst people have A LOT of pain ALL of the time! It's a long, complicated thing, but for the most part, the cyst grows in the nerves, so they can't remove it, but drain it and wrap it in a cows heart valve and then put fatty tissue on the ends to close it. It is an experimental surgery at the time, so, I don't even know if it will work. I pray that it does.

Anyway, sorry for rambling! I just really want everyone to know that this is the best choice that I could have made! I am so happy that I am doing this and I know I will feel MUCH better by tomorrow!

I REALLY hope and pray that if you're reading this and going through what I have been, that you do go get help! I know how hard it is. I have been struggling with addiction for the last three years, only I couldn't get off the pain meds bcuz of my cysts. If it wasn't for them, I would have done it MUCH sooner! But, please know that you are making the RIGHT choice by quitting!

I know this might sound crazy, but, I already feel better! And I know if I can do this ANYONE can do it!

And I will be honest, yesterday, last night and this morning wasn't all that fun, it was terrible! But, knowing that I am going to get my life back, makes it ALL worth it!

I am now 24 hours CLEAN! Ya!!!

Thank you everyone for your support! One day I will be able to help support people in my place! And as far as that goes, I'm here for anyone who wants to talk. You can email me anytime you want!

With much love ~ hugs ~ & prayers
~PrincessJ
Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

That is great! Keep moving in the right direction-you are almost to
day 2
Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up I am now over 48 hours clean!

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
That is great! Keep moving in the right direction-you are almost to
day 2
Thank you! I am now 51 hours clean! And I feel so good! This suboxone is REALLY helping me! My stomache still feels a little queezy, but, that's ok, it's better then dealing with ALL of the withdrawals!

Yesterday, my first day on sub. I just layed around and really didn't do much. I felt ok, but, didn't want to over do it.... And I'm oh so tired! I'm STILL NOT sleeping well at all! I went to bed at 10 last night, couldn't fall asleep so I took a 10mg of Ambien sleeping pill that my doctor prescribed to me and I STILL couldn't fall asleep... I was awake till after 2am and woke up at 6am! Geez, I REALLY wish I could sleep! Does anyone know if this is normal? Not being able to sleep?

Today is my second day on suboxone... I will keep you all updated as I go along... I hope this will help others. I hope that I can give you inspiration to quit taking, too, if you are!

I will get on later and let ya all know how I am doing on day two!

Thanks again for you support! It is MUCH appreciated! As I REALLY do need as much support that I can get! This is hard, but, worth it!

Much Hugs & Prayers :praying
PrincessJ
Old 08-21-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'VE JUST FINISHED THE SUBOXONE COURSE AND IT REALLY HELPED ME TO GET THROUGH THE WITHDRAWAL STAGES. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO START THAT IN A STATE OF WITHDRAWAL AND THATS PRETTY TOUGH FOR SURE. BUT YOU AND I HAVE TAKEN THE FIRST BABY STEPS TOWARDS RECOVERY. KEEP IN TOUCH AND LETS LET EACHOTHER KNOW HOW WE R DOING WITH THIS DISEASE AND THE RECOVERY.
THERE ARE STILL GOING TO BE TOUGH DAYS BUT THAT STUFF WILL REALLY HELP YOU TO GET TO A POINT WHERE YOU ARE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. AND FROM THERE ITS UP TO YOU. I HOPE WE CAN SUPPORT EACHOTHER. I'M STILL ONLY 16 DAYS NO SUBSTANCES.:atv
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MROBI View Post
I'VE JUST FINISHED THE SUBOXONE COURSE AND IT REALLY HELPED ME TO GET THROUGH THE WITHDRAWAL STAGES. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO START THAT IN A STATE OF WITHDRAWAL AND THATS PRETTY TOUGH FOR SURE. BUT YOU AND I HAVE TAKEN THE FIRST BABY STEPS TOWARDS RECOVERY. KEEP IN TOUCH AND LETS LET EACHOTHER KNOW HOW WE R DOING WITH THIS DISEASE AND THE RECOVERY.
THERE ARE STILL GOING TO BE TOUGH DAYS BUT THAT STUFF WILL REALLY HELP YOU TO GET TO A POINT WHERE YOU ARE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. AND FROM THERE ITS UP TO YOU. I HOPE WE CAN SUPPORT EACHOTHER. I'M STILL ONLY 16 DAYS NO SUBSTANCES.:atv

How long were you on the suboxone? I am now going on FIVE days without vicodin!

Sorry I have replied back yet. I have been REALLY sick! And I'm not sure if it's part of the "getting off vicodin" or if I AM really sick! I have been running a fever of 102, my body aches ~ Oh so VERY BAD! I can't even have anyone touch me, thats how bad I hurt! AND I have been coughing A LOT! And I have the worst headaches ever! They are so bad in the mornings that I can't even walk!

So ~ does this sound like part of the withdrawals? I am taking suboxone ~ half a tablet 3 times a day. And I go back to my doctor on Tuesday morning to see if that is helping. Then I'm guessing he will write me a prescription for it.

I do feel so much better taking the suboxone, then if I wasn't taking it! This is definitly the way to go if you are getting off pain meds!

I will write more later! I need to get off here and lay down! I am OH SO VERY achey right now! And coughing so bad! I want to take something for my cough, but, doesn't most cough syrups have codeine in it?

Take care and let me know how you are doing! I will be thinking about you and :praying for you!

with hugs & prayers
PrincessJ
Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I hope you feel better soon. And, hopefully your dr can tell you if this is usual or not, when you go back on Tuesday.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Princess GOOD FOR YOU!

Wow! You are so well on the way. A new you is unfolding. Keep up the good work! Keep posting and let us know how it's going, I love feel good stories!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Princess~~~~ You have an awesome personality and attitude, glad you are here. It is such an awesome place for support and friendship.

Warmest Welcoming Hugs
Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi,

I hope you feel better soon. And, hopefully your dr can tell you if this is usual or not, when you go back on Tuesday.
Thank you! I'm NOT feeling any better this afternoon ~ almost worse! I think I am going to go up to the er. Not sure if they can do anything for eme or not, but, gotta try!

My left pinky finger and ring finger are getting worse. I don't think I mentioned it b/4, but, it feels like they are "sleeping". They have felt this way for seven and a half hours now! And it's starting to spread to my middle finger!

Yes, IF the er docs can't fix me, hopefully my doc can! =)

with hugs ~ & prayers
princessJ
Old 08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
"Welcome To The Future..."

PrincessJ,

Hi sweetie! Glad you were able to get on the suboxone. I don't personally think that your symptoms fit what you should be feeling right now. You actually should be feeling quite well. Most people, myself included, say they feel better than they have in a long time when they get started on it. So, my advice would be to continue your dose as directed and get to a doctor to see what is going on. You could have a nasty virus, bronchitis, or pneumonia. When we are transitioning through something like this, our bodies are typically run-down and our immune system can't fight off little germs. It's not too uncommon for people sobering up from anything from alcohol to cigarettes, to get sick with some nasty bug.

I hope you can get to a doctor and see what's going on. They can give you antibiotics if needed and recommend a non-codeine cough syrup. Not all cough medications have codeine in them--so you should be able to find something that works fairly well. Also let your sub. doctor know what is going on. It is very important to keep them informed of other health problems. Sometimes doseages need adjusted during an illness.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie! Have faith and don't give up on the suboxone until you see a doctor! I have a feeling with some further help and/or medication you'll be feeling better in no time!

Much love,

butterfly19 (SP)