Notices

I cant take much more of this

Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Don't kid yourself or diminish things. That is not how normal homes are with teenagers. At all.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea..I agree. I mean I am sure they have their moments. But for a grown man to dump crap on someone is ridiculous and very disrespectful.

I have 2 teenage couisins..13 and 14. And they know better than to even come out their face with back talk. And when they do. My uncle handles it. Not my aunt. They are my uncles kids. She may have her say..But never puts her hands on anyone. And neither does my uncle.

Glad you let your mind speak.
What an arrogant reply. Sorry. He should have apologised instead of coming back with that comment.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I believe I am quiclkly losing respect from others here at SR

I do not like the way my husband acts on occassion. However I do not feel like we are in danger, I know I am flip-floping, I am just confused.

Each day other than our own kids there are 4 to 5 extras- all the kids want to hang out here.

When I was a growing up I was embarrased for my friends to come over because of my dads irrational behavior, I spent all my time at a friends house where I felt comfortable.

If it were really that bad here would our house be the place to be? Would all the kids be hanging out here. It's not like they come here to get away with stuff. I am always home and interacting with all the kids. My husband spends time with my sons friends, we all spend time together...

I guess I am one confused cookie.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Toomutch. Just wanted to let you know you have not lost respect from me.

I can relate with your story about your husband and your Dad. I had a abusive father and my 1st husband was too. They had their up and down moments too. Happy family one minute and crazy the next.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will say no one deserves any kind of abuse whether it be emotional, mental, physical, sexual. Whatever. No one deserve it and you can't blame your self. I use to do that too. Now I know they had a problem. Not me.

I just wanted to share that i can relate.

hugs and prayers,
Barb
Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

sweetie, you're not losing respect from me. I'm not living in your situation, so who am I to judge?

It sounds like you are doing the best you can do. We just want to make sure you and the kids are safe.

You don't deserve his verbal abuse, but we do what we can at the time.

I'm glad you're posting here, and I'm sure you have helped others by this thread. Sometimes life is tough, but it just makes it easier knowing you're not alone.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Last edited by Impurrfect; 08-21-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-21-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Emotional tug-of-war, I can relate!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Your not losing my respect either.
I cant speak for anyone else. But I didnt mean leave the guy. I simply think that was way over board and noone needs to be treated like that.

You said what you had to say to him. Hope he takes it serious. And hopefully it doesnt happen again.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

If my husband shook poo on me, I'd be furious. He'd be eating it with his next dinner. But seriously, I get the impression from you that when he takes his meds he's not a complete tyrant. He has anger control issues. Just like you have alcohol issues. You're working on your issues so maybe he should work on his too. Like HopeTo180 said, anger control classes would probably be a great idea. You sounded really angry...and a little scared with your first post. It seems since then maybe things have calmed down but I hate that you have to feel the way you felt the other day. I really hope he gets some help. Oh and by the way, awesome job on the almost 6 months...

Hugs,
FD
Old 08-21-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I have not lost any respect for you what so ever! You are a strong women and have been sober longer that lots of us!!! For that alone you deserve SO much respect.

We all have some sh*t we have to put up with at home and you know when its time to do something about it.

Hang in there

Cindy
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I have not lost any respect for you, quite the opposite. I really respect you for sharing how you are feeling and admitting to the confusion.

And keep your head up . . . I'm looking forward to sharing in your soon to be six months with you!

We love you and we're here for you!

Judy
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

wow this is a powerful thread.

the poop being shook upon you is totally inappropriate.

I heard something on a tape recently and I will share it with you...it went something like this:

when the abuse that someone else gives you (like your significant other), is more than the abuse that you give yourself, then that is when people start to think about ending or changing the relationship.

marriage counseling? tough talks together with him? I assume that he is pulling his weight with the bills now, otherwise there would be no reason to keep him (other than that he is a good father at times)

if he's manic-depressive then buspar is not really the proper medication by itself.

good luck and keep posting.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Last night I brought it up to him that I will never be dumped on again and that it's abuse. His reply was " I bet we will never find the cage dirty again.

Wow...

(Is he pretty stuborn about everything? Just curious...)

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm not even going to pretend to know what it's like to be in your shoes. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you find your happy place. Don't let anyone rob you of that.

:ghug3
Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I missed this. You know, he would be arrested if you took out a warrant for the physical stuff that happened in the past. It's easy to do it at your local court commissioner.

For help with getting out of this, call 888-788-7091, the number for Colorado, where you are I think, or 1-800-799-safe is the national hotline number for domestic violence. I think that you can call it at anytime with specific questions.

Years ago, my second ex threatened to burn down my house (I know, I know, you are all saying, KJ has been through too many ex's. with every type of problem. I'm not the best at picking them.) Anyway, I had his @ss out on the street within 4 hours. I went and got an emergency ex-parte and the police put him out. The hotline folks will be able to talk you through this if that is what you decide.
KJ
Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for all of you involved in this situation.
Special mega to you TM
Old 08-22-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the replies!

I just wanted to share something that kind of relates to this situation.

It has bee a rule at home that when you come into the house you take off your shoes and put them into the hall closet. Otherwise when the kids have their friends over we may have more than 11 or 12 pairs of shoes crowding the entry way.

Last night I waited until my husband was all settled in to play a game on his lap top. I then told him he had to get up and go downstairs and put his shoes in the closet. He said he would do it in the morning. I told him "a rule is a rule, we need to stick to all of them or none of them".

It felt good watching him get up to go downstairs to put his shoes away.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I LOVE IT!!! Give him a dose of his own medicine and see how HE likes it!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

way to go TOOMUTCH!!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Posted by RK2007 There is no justification for the things he's doing to you. .
If he continues doing things like that - not normal things by the way

"Not normal" is exactly the correct description. Was he doing these inappropriate things back when you first met him and were dating?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

WishIwasnormal - He has always been controlling, I guess for that reason I never should have married him. I guess I just saw the good outweighing the bad.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Too, good for you! It sounds like you've jockeyed into the right position. He knows you mean business. Keep up the good work, don't let him waver. Prayers for strength, kindness and love, not necessarily in that order!