Notices

Ok, so I'm starting.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok, so I'm starting.

Its the time of night when I normally start drinking. Just as its starting to get dark. I've been reading a lot today on these forums and have found so much helpful stuff! I'm already feeling antsy. I'm just gonna take it one hour at a time.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one minite at a time if you need to! post and read! Lots of us have been where you are and we are here to help. A brisk walk around the block can help too. Do you have pets you can hold if you want? That always helps me when I get scared.

:ghug
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Way to go Doll! "one hour at a time" or like ananda stated "one minute at a time if you need" .....coming here is a huge help! It has been a big part of my life! Breathe....read.....journal and keep posting here "this too shall pass"

Hang tough
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take it one minute if you need to doll.
I always started drinking when I got home from work. The first week I was really grumpy in the evening. Try taking a hot bath and read for awhile, that helped me alot.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

doll....hope you don't mind I looked at your other post just to get to know you. Maybe you could pretend this is just that one day a week that you aren't going to drink. Maybe that would be more managable. then tomarrow we can be with you as you do it one more time.

If you drink much you might find that some sugar helps if that isn't a health issue for you. alchohol has a lot of sugar in it, so your body may want it.

I went to work on 1/2 big bottle of rum every morning and another 1/2 at lunch....somehow people never noticed...but then again they never saw me sober. It's nice to not haave to worry about if they'll notice anymore. A real big releif!

keep posting!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are not alone, I have been where you are, just hang in there. lOL
Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm gonna distract myself whatever way I can. So far its just like the other nights I don't drink. I feel anxious, am jumping at every sound, and feel hot and a little sick. But whoever said that about sugar was right, I ate a blueberry bar from Starbucks plus some strawberries and felt a little better.

The anxiety is the biggest thing for me though. I do have a kitten and she keeps me plenty loved up. It'll be nice for her to have a sober mommy who won't accidentally dump the entire bag of kitten food out onto the kitchen floor cause she was so hammered.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes Doll....you will find that sobering up with your pet is an intersting and mostly fun expereince. My older dog was releived when I stoped as she was use to me sober and missed the sober mom. Nia, the young one, had no idea how to deal with a sober mom. she whined and complained about me putting all the toys away (that would be the trash and old food bags etc. that were always scattered all over the floor along with dumped trash sacks).

In the end they mostly like the new attention and schedule they have. One of the joys of being sober I didn't expect!

I have to go to bed now, but hope to see you in the morning feeling a little better!

goodnite:ghug
Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hang in there
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok, now I'm a little worried. I was seeing stars and feeling lightheaded a second ago and everything felt really surreal.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Doll,

Keep on fighting the urges and don't give up! Wishing you best of luck and hope you find what you need to beat your addiction. Its no cake walk thats for damn sure!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Doll - if you're worried go to the doctor! A false alarm is much better than the alternative.

You can make it through this! *Hugs*
Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I walked down the street and bought some lollipops and some juice, and that made the stars I was seeing go away. Right now I just feel spacey and strange. I think I'm gonna try to sleep.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just take life as it comes, try not to worry about tomorrow or regret yesterday. I"m also happy to be sober so I can take better care of my dogs. THey are a great comfort to me.

:ghug3
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Dismember

Careful with too much sugar. You and I both sound like candidates for the low-blood sugar hypothesis of some problem drinkers. If that could be the case, the problem with candy & soda is that the sugar acts fast and leaves quickly, and puts you right back where you were before or worse.

I cut sugar out from my diet. I found that it took away a lot of the headaches, anxiety and fatigue I was feeling constantly (took away when I wasn't using, of course.) Plus, having never drank soda much in my life, there was just something too creepy about the way soda bottles accumulated on me. I suppose it's better to be addicted to corn syrup than corn whiskey

Just something you might consider looking into with some professional assistance (not some random guy on the internet.)
Old 08-20-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

good point....yep I forgot...sugar if low, but then carbs to carry you through!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good point about the sugar guys. See, I loved ice cream and candy as a child and teenager. When I got to college and started drinking, I stopped liking them. So my desire for the lollipops last night was weird. Must be because my drink of choice is usually wine or vodka and orange juice. Lots of sugar there. I still can't stomach the idea of ice cream or cake though. Ick.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Doll View Post
Good point about the sugar guys. See, I loved ice cream and candy as a child and teenager. When I got to college and started drinking, I stopped liking them. I still can't stomach the idea of ice cream or cake though. Ick.

Yeah, I hear ya...except now that I quit drinking again, I'm going back to the sweets. Brownies, mostly. No, not those kind of brownies...in case anyone was wondering.

I'm now working on cutting that crap out and eating more fruit. Sure, it has more sugar than I probably should be eating, but at least I'm getting in some fiber and MUCH NEEDED nutrients.

Carbs definitely do help, but so does having a good bit of protein. Be sure to get enough, especially during the first several weeks of sobriety. Peace.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Alright, time for my first night of work with no drinking... hands are shaking, but whatever.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You'll be fine dolly...probably you notice it more than others, and you can always just say you aren't feeling real well..no big deal.

I'm real happy that you are doing so well. :ghug