Notices

New Here

Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

Hey ya'll. Im here for a little support. I am 22 years old..... Ive done recovery thing so many times. I was a heroin user for 4 years. I was clean for about 3 years, and picked up percocets. i dont take a lot, i mean its not nearly as bad as my heroin use. I hate my life on this stuff, it doesnt matter how little or how much you do, theres always so much crap behind using. and i am really really trying, but im scared of even the slightest bit of withdrawl. i have a busy life, full time college student, mother of a 2 year old. it great to pop 2 fives in the morning and get that energy. (i also have really bad back pain from having my son, without them i feel terrible.) Ive tried chriopactors....that just doesnt work. Ive heard of Ultrium, a non narcotic pain killer, i dont know much about pills. But i dont want to take pills for the rest of my life!!!!! I just need some kind of miracle. ive tried NA a lot of times. I think its a great program...but for some reason it doesnt work for me. I am a very strong person, and i see myself getting thru this.....but im at the point in my life where im suppose to be making everyone so proud, and im slowly making my addiction worse. anyways im not sure if im looking for answers, but i know im looking for a little support. God Bless
Old 08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I understand being scared about withdrawls. It's not an easy thing to go through.

Have you talked to your dr to get his advice?

I'm glad you're looking for help with your addiction.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome to the group. Its a great place to get support. I'm not much help with perscription medication, but I was perscribed Ultram (Tramadol) yesterday following a follow up from surgery. Maybe thats not the same drug your talking about, but a quick web search found "Tramadol should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction." Your free to make of that what you want but I'll not be taking it. For that and other possible side effects.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow thanks so much for getting back to me. I have heard of that Tramdol and that it can be addicting. I havent talked to my doctor, i am new to my area and dont know much. I have a few friends that take the suboxone. Ive heard good and bad about it. Im not sure what would be best for me. I dont know if i should call a doctor. Also i dont know a lot about that, im used to being thrown in rehab to get better! but that is no option to me........it is a working project.....