Notices

Stupid things I've done while drinking!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile Stupid things I've done while drinking!

I just finished another post where I wrote some stupid things I've done while drinking and I wasn't finished. I've got a million of them. I also felt so good to put them on paper. Seeing all these stupid things really anchors my decision to quit. It is very empowering.

(post)
I would crash early, depending on when I started drinking, wake up at 2 or 3 am. Wide awake I'd stay up for a few hours, sometimes having a few more beers, then go back to bed. What a life! The other thing that really bothered me was waking up feeling like a beached whale! Now that I'm on a roll, I would buy a lot of Publix subs. No other food worked as well with my drinking habits. I would get the sub with no oil and vinegar so the sandwich would still be good when I finished drinking hours later. I also didn't eat lunch so I could get a buzz right after work (3:30pm) try explaining this to co-workers. And, refusing to go out to dinner with friends. (this meant I would miss a drinking session). Oh! and all the stupid emails I wrote while drinking. I sent many apologies the next morning. I felt so stupid and embarrassed. It's a typo, there was no convincing them! Wow! Okay, I think I'm done...thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Seeing this in writing puts the nail in the coffin for me! I am so done with whoever that stupid drunk was......................................
Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

oh I could tell you a MILLION stupid things I've done while drinking. My husband has been kind enough to keep text logs of my IMs while I'm drunk. I look back on them and cringe.

sigh
Old 08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I think that everything I did while drinking was stupid! Glad I am sober now so that anything I do that's stupid was done without the excuse of being drunk!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Exclamation I emailed President Bush!

While drinking one evening (a few months ago). I read an article about all the inventions over the years that have disappeared. These inventions would have prevented the energy crisis of today. I was so angry! I emailed President Bush and told him that I was going to do everything I could to reduce the consumption of energy, with or without him! The next morning I realized what I had done. There was no record of what I had written! I spent the entire week looking for Secret Service Agents. I really thought I was a National Security Risk. Thank God they didn't read anything more into that message. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think that everything I did while drinking was stupid!

ditto.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lol...I know this shouldn't be funny...but when I think back at the things I did....ugh! I stopped having a computer in my home because I hated the next morning when I'd have to see what I'd written to people...or posted on facebook...etc.. Oh, the dread!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My husband has been kind enough to keep text logs of my IMs while I'm drunk. I look back on them and cringe.
Text messaging has got to be the worst thing that technology has ever created for drunks. At least voice mails you can change in your mind the next day (maybe it was just a dream, maybe you didn't sound trashed) but seeing the actual words in your sent box - Here's your sign.

While drinking one evening (a few months ago). I read an article about all the inventions over the years that have disappeared. These inventions would have prevented the energy crisis of today. I was so angry! I emailed President Bush and told him that I was going to do everything I could to reduce the consumption of energy, with or without him! The next morning I realized what I had done. There was no record of what I had written! I spent the entire week looking for Secret Service Agents. I really thought I was a National Security Risk.
OMG. I nearly spit out my coffee. That is so outrageous it's funny!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The letter to President Bush...HAHAHA..oh that is funny. The Secret Service can probably tell a drunk email by now. I really feel sorry for those recovering who have to deal with embarrassing photos now that everyone has a cell phone camera. Ugh. How awful.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopeTo180 View Post
While drinking one evening (a few months ago). I read an article about all the inventions over the years that have disappeared. These inventions would have prevented the energy crisis of today. I was so angry! I emailed President Bush and told him that I was going to do everything I could to reduce the consumption of energy, with or without him! The next morning I realized what I had done. There was no record of what I had written! I spent the entire week looking for Secret Service Agents. I really thought I was a National Security Risk. Thank God they didn't read anything more into that message. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Okay, so I know I am not alone! Years ago before e-mail and text messaging I called the white house. Hey I'm a registered voter, hey I had a voice. Not sure what it was about, but I also thought the secret service would be after me. Paranoid beer drinker and all. Don't you just love those all powerful drunk moments. Alas, we are so invincible. Laughter is a GREAT way to keep sobriety in check. My first post but I thank all for those I have been reading.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile I started a big mess in the family

I had decided long ago that I was never going to answer the phone again while drinking. I've just said too many stupid things. I remember detecting the infamous "slur" and trying so hard to control it. I would also try to be very quiet while opening another beer, as if they couldn't tell I was drinking.

A few months ago, while drinking, the phone rang. Now, I know I decided I wasn't going to do this but, I only had 3 or 4. It was my Mom. It was a good conversation and I thought I controlled the "slur" pretty well. The next day I told my sister "Mom said our brother has lost his job". That night I find that the entire family and all of his friends had rushed to the brother's house with cash and groceries. As it turns out, my Mother had told me "your brother has lost his dog". I will never live that one down!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I`ve done more stupid things drunk then I can count. One of the most stupid ones was when a friend had been arrested for DUI and called me from the police station all upset and wanting me to pick her up. I had been drinking myself and stupidly went down there to get her and almost got arrested myself when I got there. (I never relized how much wine breath smells!) I think the only thing that saved me was I used to date a sgt in that town and I mentioned his name.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have several but one of the dumbest things I ever did and thankfully Erik and I can laugh about it now was throw a wine glass at him. I wanted to throw the wine that was in the glass at him because we were horsing around and I was completely drunk (of course). There was no wine left in the glass so I foolishly thought the glass would just "bounce" off of him. He said, there's no way I thought you'd do that (I don't get violent when I'm drunk) and then....I did. Blood everywhere on his arm. He still has a scar there I touch sometimes and inwardly moan. Some of the things I've done are just unbelievable.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Thanks for sharing Day & Boston, wow! This is good therapy for me. The more I can remember, the more my sobriety is anchored. I'm done with alcohol induced stupidity! Now if I can just get rid of these cobwebs. lol
Old 08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Day & Boston, wow! This is good therapy for me. The more I can remember, the more my sobriety is anchored. I'm done with alcohol induced stupidity! Now if I can just get rid of these cobwebs. lol

So glad to see you feeling better. The cobwebs do clear. Right now I'm experiencing SOBER: Son of a B*tch Everything is Real!! KJ shared that and I love it.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

*ahem*

Not used a condom.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

*blush*
Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Hey Boston,
It just means you're normal now! If you didn't vent, you'd explode!