Notices

Got Help! Getting on Suboxone tomorrow!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got Help! Getting on Suboxone tomorrow!

Hi everyone! I want to say a BIG thank you to those of you who have been writing me and for the support you have given me! If it wasn't for all of you, I would be a TOTAL disaster by now!!! LOL

Anyway, I also wanted to give you all an update! A good one at that!

I finally called my doctor (the one who said if I over take my meds again he wouldn't see me) and told him EVERYTHING! I was totally honest with him and he was SO NICE to me! I go in tomorrow morning to get on suboxone!!! YEAH!

Yes I am SCARED! REALLY SCARED! Why am I scared? Well, this is a HUGE step! I'm not scared of not having any pain meds, I am scared of the withdrawals I will have till I get on the suboxone! I have to have 24 hours without any pain meds b/4 I can start on it. He did give me some sleeping pills and clonidin and phenigrin to help till I get on the suboxone. But, I know that it won't help much. been there and done that already!

But, I am SO VERY excited to get OFF the pain meds once and for all and be ME once again!

once again, thank you everyone for the encouraging words! I will need LOTS of them for awhile! If you will PLEASE!!

But, I have to get off here for now. I have to go get my prescriptions and try to find some help for paying for the meds and doctor office visits. What a pain to do when you're in pain!!! But oh so worth it!

With much love ~ hugs ~ & prayers
PrincessJ
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You know Princess, I had a feeling that your dr would come around, if you really let him know how you feel.

I am very happy for you.

Stick around for the next 24 hours and we'll help you get through it.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank You!

Thank you! I will be on here A LOT in the next couple of days! I sure hope someone is around to talk to me!! As I will need a lot of support!

I really appreciate you all being here for me!

with much love ~ hugs ~ & prayers
PrincessJ