Notices

the big messy pile of me that sits inside of me

Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the big messy pile of me that sits inside of me

I want to run and cover up the big messy pile of me that sits inside of me.

it's hard to start a new life when i am constantly on the tails of the closest part of my old life....the addictions.

so it is going to be challenging, but I can do my best in this new day 1.

today....a new day 1....a new chance to begin the life that exists inside of me....like inside of a seed is the whole life of a flower.....inside of me is a whole life of a dream that i can watch take hold, then i can stop holding the chains that keep me down in my own little hell....
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I know how you feel. *HUGS*

You're right, though. Today is a new day. And inside you IS a whole new life, a fresh new dream. It's one you CAN make come true.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Just keep trying
Old 08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never give up, Ksplash!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Glad you are sticking with us. No matter what happens keep coming back and keep praying.

When you shine the light of truth and acceptance on the big mess that is "inside of you" it will evaporate into the past where it belongs.

You are here today and that's all we have.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
If you want what we have, please do what we do. Each day begins with a commitment to not take a drink, no matter what.

I really don't believe that there's a mess within us if we're in recovery, there's only a mess that we've left behind and that can be cleaned up if we have the desire to work on it.

Like TSH said, there's a whole new life within you and only you have the power to unleash it. So how about it? Are you done with that old life and ready to take on the new one?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's kind of like unscrambling an egg huh Ksplash? Everything is in there, it's just all mixed up..

Hang in there, keep looking ahead and count every sober/clean second as a success. Start small and gradually go big! Start counting minutes, then hours, then days, then months!!

Heavy
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back.

If you want to clean up the mess maybe give the 12 steps a shot. Worked for me. If nothing changes, nothing usually changes. There were reasons why i drank, I faced them, I'm comfortable with them now.

(And I was a MESS before.)

Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

For this addict/alcoholic, I was unable to dump all of the garbage of the past and the feelings of uselessness, guilt, shame, . . . until I worked the Steps.

I like to compare my Recovery with getting an organ transplant.

A Program of Recovery, like a new organ, say a heart, was necessary or I was going to die, very soon. I felt horrible, I couldn't go on, I wasn't living. . . I was barely functioning, but not for long.

Now, in order to make me "better" I had to have a great deal of follow up after my heart transplant. They couldn't just open me up, take the bad organ out (removing the alcohol or drugs) put the new one in and that's it! I wouldn't live very long. I needed physical therapy, a change in lifestyle, stay away from things that could put my new, healthy heart in danger,( alcohol, drugs, old people, places and things) and a complete change in lifestyle.

I tried my way for too many years, 25 to be exact. I first realized that I had a problem in Oct. of 1980. I put myself in a 28 day in patient program. Sure, the alcohol and drugs were removed, but I didn't do any follow up. AA/NA.

Working a Program of Recovery, working the Steps, going to meetings, getting a Sponsor, finding a God of my understanding and staying away from old people, places and things has given me a life free from the obsession but also one that the big ol dumpster of sh*t that I was dragging around is gone. It's empty. It will always be there, but today it's my choice if I put any more garbage in it!

God Bless,
Judy

Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Be strong ksplash, you can do it.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go for it!!! The important thing is that you are back here trying. You have only lost if you give up trying.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're sticking with this forum, posting and trying to figure this out Ksplash!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

ksplash - I've said this elsewhere today - took me 15 years to get it, but I never stopped trying.

I had that mess too - for me I just focused on not drinking fist - got some sober time up - then, when my legs were steady I started to unravel the knots....one thing at a time works too.

It doesn't happen overnight, but now I have the life I didn't dare dream of then.

Don't miss yours - don't give up.

D
Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep trying KSplash!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your responses.

today, thursday, i'm back into DAY 2

keep up the good work everyone