Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hello, information about me looking to chat with individuals who can help

Notices

Hello, information about me looking to chat with individuals who can help

Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Hello, information about me looking to chat with individuals who can help

whats up, I'm a male who recently completed my MBA this May and am starting my career in October. I was addicted to oxycontin and other pharmaceutical opiates for about two years. I went through a lot, I tried to quit many times and relapsed, stole from family, schemed friends, and basically placed drugs over everything. Luckily, I never hit rock bottom. I realized I needed help so I went to a doctor who I have now been seeing for about 4 months. He prescribed me suboxone and over time has reduced the amount I take daily from 32 mg per day to 2 mg per day now. I enjoy not being addicted and not having to get my fix everyday, but I want to be off of everything when I start work. It's my goal and I would like to reach it, but I will stay on it before I allow myself to relapse. That is simply just not an option. I would like to hear from some individuals who may be able to give me new perspectives or advice in this situation. Hope to hear from some nice people soon. Thanks for listening all about me and my problems.

PS: I experienced the addiction and all of the different attempts to try and sober up, parents, friends, girlfriends, college, work, etc. I feel I can help people get themselves to where I am at this point and I have no problems giving people advice or answering questions.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are moving forward
Welcome to our recovery community...

Here is a link to our Substance Abuse Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

You can find info and support there.
It's busier than our Chat Room.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober