Notices

When I take my antibuse half the battle is won

Old 08-16-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sure Dee was wrong.He's Australian after all....

Go the Kiwis! LOL

(kidding, kidding)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

lol jules ya mean thing (JK) hey getiegirl I know what you mean about first thing in the morning!! and when I used to drink the morning after was hell on earth I dont miss that at all. I think theres probably so much stuff out there just like antidepressents lol my NEW best friend :0) some work for others while some may not. Its working so far but I also know I have to want it to work!! as soon as the stinkin thinking comes in I will have to be ready
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Campral's generic/drug name is acamprosate calcium. If it isn't marketed as Campral, look for the generic name. I also took that and it helped me. It is said that besides helping with cravings, it was also meant to help restore the brain's natural chemisty that drinking screwed up.

ask your doctor about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

All sounds good to me.... And look Ive finally found where all the kiwis and Aussies (Im surprised you let the nutters in!) hang out! Now where are you lot at 10pm when Im spinning out like crazy, waiting in chat for someone to bail me out and all the yanks are sleeping?

Just had another thought Ang, and this is NOT medical advice I swear.... just a thought.... Has you counsellor offered you a B vitamin supplement? Thiamine HCL? Im NOT pushing any meds or recomending anything - I just happen to know what is government subsidised here. I did an outpatient diazepam detox, and Thiamine HCL was drummed into my head as being really important for cognitive memory and brain function restoration. However I have googled it since and it looks like mainly vets use it! Maybe ask your Dr though. Or at the very least maybe like the TV ad used to say "A berroca a day gives you back your b-b-bounce"

I know I know - this is an old thread! I think Im just excited to find me some kiwis (and Ill put up with the Australian.... j/k BTW darn I wish Australia took that last medal of Phelps! They were soooooo close!)
Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kit

I just started Campral today. My doctor thinks it will help me. I am looking forward to diminished cravings.

Love, Kit
Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey ya gertiegirl hows the weather :bounce
yup on vitamin B get that given to me when I get my cipramil so thats cool.
Im having some stinkin thinking like really wanting a drink that god for antibuse but gee it hacks me off just show you how the addictive brain can sneak in.