Notices

fellowship

Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fellowship

I have recently came to understand what the meaning of fellowship means in the program. the other day i went to my homegroup meetings and I have not been there in awhile do to working and haveing my son and I only get to see him twice a month. The other members of my home group came up to me and asked where have I been what I have been doing and so forth. This really meant alot to me cause I have never had anyone that has called me out on my stuff or careed about me and my sobriety. Even though i talk to my sponsor everyday it was different. I love my homegroup and going to meetings. No matter if I am haveing a great day or not I still love going cause I know I belong and always learning something new. I knew when I was drinking that no one out there cared for me as much as they do and it is a wonderfull feeling. It makes getting up everyday much more of a pleasure adn i know if I have any problems that i can go and talk to these people and they will help with open minds.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Shemp! Thanks for sharing that. Its great when you have a place with unconditional love and understanding. I can understand why you would walk away feeling pumped. Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I haven't been to my home group for several years...so, I know what you've been missing. I also know, if I were ever able to get back there, I would be greeted as warmly as you were...it's a great feeling, isn't it!?!

But, you know what...after coming to SR for the past couple of years, I find that same kind of "fellowship" right here. When I was in the hospital, someone from SR sent me flowers, others wrote to me. When my computer was down for a month, one of the SR gals actually called the nurse's desk to get a message to me...they were so concerned about me! It can't get any better than that!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I saw your post this morning and really appreciated your positive post about fellowship. Sounds like you found a group of people who really care about you and that is a wonderful thing.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's such a nice warm post! So true... the feeling that we are not alone anymore is incredible.