Notices

second day-codeine

Old 08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

second day-codeine

Hi All,
thanks for this great site, this is my first post. On second day of kicking vicodin habit. Feel like crap!! I know I can do this, (this time!) anyone with any good advice?!
thank you all
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you considered NA?

Good to see ou here with us...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aquasport - They have some good posts about people going cold turkey on vicodin/oxy/codine (and making it) on the subtance abuse thread. They also have some tips on things that will make you feel a little better at least while you're doing it. I fell off today and took one but want to keep encouraging you. I'd like to look back at your posts and get inspired to do the same thing. Best Wishes. Thinking of You today.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, NA not yet, but not ruling it out-Boston luv-keep up, I am no expert for sure, but I have a good friend who did it. His doc. prescribed him suboxone, then he was hooked on that.. That is why I am going to try the cold turkey route. I quit years back and it was hell the first couple of days, but I do remember it getting better every day after the first few. Keeping your head on straight seems to be the hardest. I just try to keep my mind busy-because my body sure doesn't want to! let me know how you keep doing-I will do the same!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you get some peaceful slumber tonight Aquasport. -Kathleen

Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Boston Luv, I actually did, but I broke down and popped one last night. But I am going to push even harder today. Amazing how crappy you feel coming off of them. I read an article on "weaning" yourself off of them, I am kind of afraid to drag them out any further though. Hope you had a great night also!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY!! sk
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aquasport - One is better than however many you were taking before I'll bet. I have to take mine sometimes because I do have chronic pain (maybe this is deinal, I don't know) but I really don't need them everyday. I can't moderately drink but I think I can moderately use my painkillers. I may be wrong.... You're inspiring me. Hope you have a great day!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks! you inspire on this side of the country as well!! check your messages if you get time. Yes, one is better than the 8 a day I was taking, but still, gotta get there!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh...I didn't realize I had messages there! I will e-mail you.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just want to let both of you know that before I started suboxone treatment (I'm on a long slow taper from that, which my doc and I believe for me to be the right way to do this), I tried tapering alone (without medical supervision) off of pain pills many, many times. It didn't work for me. Most of us try it before we try anything else though.

I've don't know any addicts who could taper off of pain pills without someone holding the stash (and even then, some of them snuck out to get more pills!!!) But I wish you luck. I couldn't and still can't have any pain pills in the house or I will take them. Hopefully you do better than I did with pain pill tapering!
KJ
Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks KJ, I actually have a friend who gave me half a suboxone for the last two days now, and it really does help. It eliminates the urge for vicodin. I am just afraid that with my personality type, I will start getting to reliant on them. But for now, it is helping tremendously. of course I still think about taking, but my body is hurting for them-so that is a great feeling!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well if you took 1/2 a suboxone, that's usually an 8 mg pill, so you took 4 mg. If you take anything in the opiate/opioid family that day after that 4 mg(for up to 36 hours) you won't get anything off of it. The suboxone has naloxone in it which will keep you from getting high for the whole day at least after you take it. It's an opiate blocker. So don't waste your money on painkillers if you're taking them.

I think that you might benefit from full-time suboxone therapy. The back-and-forth suboxone/pain pill thing though, you don't get the full effect from either. That's the worst in my experience. Let me know how things go for you, or if you want more info on how to get into suboxone therapy.

By the way, if you do suboxone, make sure you hold it in your mouth for at least 15 minutes while it dissolves or you don't get hardly any effect at all. The medicine is absorbed by your mouth tissues, not in your stomach!
KJ
Old 08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

HI KJ,
Your points are right on. And Thank you!!!!! I would like to get more info from you if you wouldn't mind. Shoot me a message if it's ok to contact you. I am doing well, but think I could use some good advise.
thanks
SK
Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You're boys are so cute Scott. I'm going to use the one picture of Flecth with the toy in his mouth as my new screensaver!