SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of August 2008 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154884-class-august-2008-a.html)

sobergirl77 08-08-2008 07:35 AM

It's a beautiful morning here... I'm starting day 2 and woke up feeling a lot more hopeful than I did yesterday!

I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed sober day! :ghug2

winwin 08-08-2008 07:37 AM

sobergirl- Glad you're feeling better today. One day at a time. Hang in there today and have a sober day.

rubycanoe 08-08-2008 07:40 AM

starting over one day at a time

Today is day one again for me too! I had a bottle of wine last night. Feeling sick. It is 08-08-08 so that will be a good start day. I can still be in the class of August 2008 also, with all my sober cyberspace buddies.!!
:ghug2:funjump::coaster

winwin 08-08-2008 07:49 AM

rubycanoe- It is good that you know that today is the day to start again. It is rough starting over but at least you are still trying. It is only Day 4 for me so I have a long way to go but I will not DRINK today. I am determined to make it this time.

HideorSeek 08-08-2008 08:20 AM

i everyone. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, but I spent the whole day at the dentist and helping our daughter move. It's amazing how much I miss logging on and what goes on in the interim.

In any case, for those who are still trying to find their sober legs...it is a process (at least for me) and I firmly believe that by coming here, it is a step forward. NEVER think that anyone here would turn away. We've all been through, and are going through the same things, it doesn't matter what day we are on. Mutual support and strength is what it's all about.

For those who are seeing some success, congratulations. For me, it's almost like experiencing a birth, the first harsh breaths, the tumultuous first weeks, then the slow blossoming and growth. A process, again IMHO.

We are all here for each other and that's the best thing. I know that I couldn't do without each and every one of you. :ghug3

nayster 08-08-2008 08:28 AM

sobergirl - welcome to Day 2 with me! I want to stop falling off and climbing back on the wagon. I'm getting tired and bruised in the process. I want to stay on the wagon so I can enjoy the view and feel the wind in my hair again. Let's do it! One day at a time.

I'm feeling really good today. Talked with my husband last night - dreaded it but it went so good and he was really supportive. I almost didn't tell him, but I had to do something different this time. Nothing changes if nothing changes...so I told him.

Big relief.

We're having hotdogs & marshmallows over the firepit with the kids tonight. Usually, I'd be stone drunk by 8pm. And if my drinking problem was still a "secret" from my husband, I'd be dreading tonight and wondering how I'd overcome the urge to drink. But now? Now I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to make a sparkling peach tea - a recipe I saw and kept b/c it be good with vodka. HA! I will obviously make it without the vodka. And I bet hubby will enjoy it with me tonight.

Our first alcohol free weekend in....oh wow....YEARS.

HideorSeek 08-08-2008 08:56 AM

Good luck Nayster. The BBQ sounds good (particularly the tea), can I come??

winwin 08-09-2008 08:21 AM

Where's our August club? I sure hope everyone is hanging in there.

Time2Surrender 08-09-2008 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by sobergirl77 (Post 1863188)
It's a beautiful morning here... I'm starting day 2 and woke up feeling a lot more hopeful than I did yesterday!

I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed sober day! :ghug2

Congrats on day 2. Dont ever give up. If this is day 2 then that means your sobriety date is 8/8/08? Thats a cool one. Keep it. ;)

Stango 08-09-2008 09:14 AM

Starting over again ......

Day 2 and ...WOW... I didn't think it would be this hard to keep a good attitude . It's not as easy to be sober as i thought it would be !!! :a043:

flgirl 08-09-2008 10:36 AM

Hope everyone is doing ok!! Hang in there guys!

rubycanoe 08-09-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stango (Post 1864410)
Day 2 and ...WOW... I didn't think it would be this hard to keep a good attitude . It's not as easy to be sober as i thought it would be !!! :a043:

HI!
My day 2 is today also. Hang in there buddy. :You_Rock_

Skyburst 08-09-2008 01:27 PM

This is my day one as well...which I began at 3AM this morning. I had already started weening several days ago so symptoms not too bad. Decided to bite the bullet after reading here all day yesterday.

Got some decent sleep with dreaming and had leg cramps when I woke up early this morning. Also was really shaking. Most of that gone now and was able to eat lightly. Consider myself lucky.

Onward to day 2 and hang in there guys! :)

sobergirl77 08-09-2008 02:06 PM

Yesterday was Day 2, Time2Surrender. :) Today is day 3. My sobriety date is 8/7/08.

I'm doing OK, I'm sober and plan to stay that way today and that is all that matters!

I hope everyone else is doing well today. :ghug2

least 08-09-2008 02:12 PM

Congratulations to all of you who refuse to give up! I had so many day ones and got really sick of myself. Seems like all that practice is finally paying off! Day 27 here and feeling very happy to be sober another day!

Keep on keepin' on, everyone!

:ghug

Stango 08-09-2008 04:13 PM

Thanks rubycanoe and everyone else ....It's always nice to know your not alone. It's better to goto war with soldiers rather than without !!!
Cheers..or uhmmmmm , here's to another 24 !!!

winwin 08-09-2008 04:38 PM

I'm still hanging in there. Hopefully tomorrow will be Day 6 for me AGAIN. I am hoping something will be different this time. I am feeling pretty good and I think I can overcome the urge this time. Good luck to everyone else.

spudida 08-09-2008 07:02 PM

Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new and my sobriety date is August 4th. Day 6 for me.

ghal 08-09-2008 07:55 PM

Hang in there everyone. I am on day 15 and it got much better after the 6-7th day. I know I have a LONG way to go but I am feeling good physiclly now and that puts me in a position to win. Those first few nights with leg cramps, the whisky fleas (itching), pounding heart, sweats and etc are rough but now I feel great, have a smile on my face and fall asleep within minutes. I know many of you feel that's a long ways away, as did I, but it's not. And, yes, then the really hard work begins that hopefully will keep me sober! I am on the last chapter of the big book and I feel I get it but need help with more direction.

least 08-10-2008 04:46 AM

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it!! It is incentive to me to read your posts and feel your determination!

Big hugs for all!!

:ghug