SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of August 2008 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154884-class-august-2008-a.html)

winwin 08-04-2008 06:49 PM

flgirl- You started this thread so you have to hang in there with us. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

ForeverDecember 08-04-2008 07:17 PM

Hey flgirl - hang in there!

Eidetic 08-04-2008 08:33 PM

Am I the only one who is really grateful when it hits 11:00 (although in this area, it may be 10:00, all the better) and it means the liquor store has closed? It's my favorite time of day, because it means I've absolutely made it through another day.

winwin 08-04-2008 08:41 PM

Forever- Are you still with us?

whatlight 08-04-2008 09:30 PM

Checking in for day 3! Just hauled off 4 trash bags of empty bottles and cans hidden around my room earlier today (I live with my parents while I'm finishing school so I tried to be sneaky even though they've known for years).

Welcome to all the new classmates!

To all of us struggling- please stick in there. I want to finish this month out with the same people I started it with :) Go team!

Funny story: I was in a horrible mood all day but it really came to a head when i tried to make lunch. I had run the can opener around the entire top of the can of tuna I had but somehow missed two spots directly opposite each other. I tried re-can-opening, I tried to pry it open, I even tried smashing the mostly-disconnected lid down with a a spoon really hard which only led to tuna juice flying up into in my face. Finally, in a rage to a degree indescribable, I threw the can with everything I had, yelling "F*** THIS TUNA" like my best friend had died of mercury poisoning or something.

Not that funny now that I read it back...maybe you had to be there?

Ceder 08-04-2008 11:48 PM

Woke up this morning hungover and feeling crap. I am angry and resentful at myself for what I am doing to myself, to my body and to my family - why am I doing this!
I can't think of one reason why I should drink but I can think of a million why I should stop.
We must stop.

HideorSeek 08-05-2008 06:37 AM

Ditto Ceder. I CANNOT DRINK. PERIOD

buttercup1 08-05-2008 09:08 AM

Ditto Ceder and HOS.
Day 1 today and this WILL be my last Day I, I hope~!

Eidetic 08-05-2008 10:49 AM

Day 3, but this is going to be a tough day

I'm in the process of moving and it's a long, dragged out process because it's being done carload by carload, and it's stressing me and it's a major hassle, and it's depressing because I'm moving out of an apartment I thought I'd live in for a long time because I can't live on my own and stay sober right now.

So it's only 1:45 PM, my time, and I have heavy boxes to move down 3 flights of stairs in the heat (ick) when I'm totally out of shape (drinking for 4 years straight will do that to you!) and so I'm just going to keep checking in, so I don't run to the liquor store when frustration kicks in.

sobergirl77 08-05-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eidetic (Post 1858944)
Am I the only one who is really grateful when it hits 11:00 (although in this area, it may be 10:00, all the better) and it means the liquor store has closed? It's my favorite time of day, because it means I've absolutely made it through another day.

Haha, I know what you mean Eidetic, the liquor stores around here close at 9pm. Beer is sold in grocery stores until 2am though, but thankfully I could care less about beer, as wine and hard liquor were my drinks of choice.

HideorSeek 08-05-2008 01:55 PM

Hi all and thank you for the continued support and encouragement. I know I won't drink tonight, because I have a scuba class. It's a start, at least.

flgirl 08-05-2008 03:06 PM

I made it ok! I am tired and cranky, but that's a whole lot better than drinking!! Keep up the great work you guys!!!

HideorSeek 08-05-2008 05:42 PM

Great going Flgirl! You are an inspiration to us all!

HideorSeek 08-05-2008 05:55 PM

Just for the record, I'm putting day1 into the sober bank. Let's hope it's my last false start.

jarkness 08-05-2008 10:55 PM

Hey Hide and Seek and Buttercup
Me too ... so August club now ... oops ... BUT I had 10 days sober in July and six days afterwards from the day I drank which is better than I have EVER done before....

And I am not taking Valium and Xanax either, which I was. That in itself makes me feel a whole lot better. Reaching this board has been one of my greatest pieces of good luck. We can all do it. xxx

Time2Surrender 08-06-2008 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by flgirl (Post 1859832)
I made it ok! I am tired and cranky, but that's a whole lot better than drinking!! Keep up the great work you guys!!!

I was so happy to read this. :)

rubycanoe 08-06-2008 06:18 AM

I am starting day 5! Yesterday was a struggle, I did not want to drink but I was edgy/irritable and have been somewhat the past few days. Today I woke in a good mood, and feel more positive. I did not take benadryl last night, which I have been taking for sleep/allergies because I read it could be depressant, and I have been depressed. So I did not take anything yesterday, but only slept 5 hours, but do not feel as depressed today. :danse1b::slider3::dance1a:

Pixy1 08-06-2008 01:43 PM

:ghug3 Good on ya Flygirl stick with it, your doing great!

Day 6 for me :dancer5: Still find early evenings very hard though. When do the cravings get easier?

Keep up the good work everyone!

HideorSeek 08-06-2008 01:44 PM

Hi all!

Am OK today, just to let you know, and am thinking of all of you with hugs and prayers for another day in the sober bank! Welcome Jarkness!!!:ghug

K202 08-06-2008 04:00 PM

I'm proud to join the August Class of 2008. I'm on day 4 and so far it's not been too bad. I have to agree with those that have said they are tired and irritable. While I feel better overall, I am extremely tired which I attribute to not sleeping well the past 3 nights - which I attribute to my lifestyle change. I've already started feeling some positive changes tho; clearer thinking, more "normal" bowel movements (weird I know, but true), and my body just doesn't feel "dirty" like it normally does. Now I have been working like 10-12 hour days which I'm sure has not been helping but I figure if I can do this now... I can beat it.

Be strong guys. I tell myself often,"BE STRONG, don't let alcohol make you weak." So to each of my August classmates, BE STRONG! You can do it.

HideorSeek 08-06-2008 05:48 PM

Hey K202, welcome to our class. I read your other thread and I just know that you'll feel at home here and will inspire the rest of us as well!!!!!!:ghug2

winwin 08-06-2008 05:51 PM

Welcome K202!!! You will find many people here ready to support you in your recovery.

flgirl 08-06-2008 05:58 PM

I have been thinking today (uh oh!) how amazingly lucky I am to have y'all. Whenever the panic sets in while driving, I think of Daddio's advice; whenever I have bad cravings and tell you, you support me (and kick my @ss). We CAN do this!!!!

least 08-06-2008 06:24 PM

To anyone thinking they'll have "day ones" forever: I used to feel that way too. My last day one, and I pray it's my last one, was only one in a long line of false starts and failures. But, like you, I never gave up. And now I'm so pleased that I've one-day-at-a-time'ed myself for twenty four days! Now that's a miracle.

So maybe this is your last day one this time! You never know when the miracle will happen!

:ghug

NEVER give up.

Time2Surrender 08-06-2008 06:26 PM

Keep it up guys. One day at a time. ;)

ghal 08-06-2008 08:26 PM

I have been 12 days and I feel damn good. For those of you feeling cranky and etc I started seeing that subside after about 7-8 days. I still have it a little but overall, I feel great! Losing lots of weight too :)

flgirl 08-06-2008 08:35 PM

T2,

It's gonna have to be one day at time. I cannot think beyond that.

least 08-07-2008 04:57 AM

One day at a time is very logical advice since, after all, we only get to live one day at a time. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet. So just live for today!

:ghug

HideorSeek 08-07-2008 05:55 AM

Morning everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. We're on a roll :atv!!!!!

Anyways, I had a yucky night's sleep: lot of frustration dreams and some that I had been drinking. I woke up confused and scared that the dream was reality. Thank God, it was just a dream. I swear my HP (conscience, you all, whatever) is trying to remind me how horrible I would feel if I did drink. So I guess if it scares me, it's a good thing. So I'm really tired, but at least I'm sober :)

Hugs and support to all for another successful day!!

sobergirl77 08-07-2008 06:16 PM

My new sobriety date: 8-7-8.

Let's see if this one will actually stick!