Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just checking in on day 98

Good to see you back Horsie.

Aw the best everyone
Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 60 Glad to see everyone here and doing so well... I get my license back today and am driving to my first meeting tonight to get my 60 day chip
Old 08-15-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

TTOSBT - Taking that god awful popcorn ceiling down is back breaking work. I'm impressed. I just painted my living room. It's very satisfying (after it's all done with) and you sewar you'll never paint again. I always do though. Good project.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 33, which matches my previous sobriety record. Tomorrow I'll set a new record!!

I like counting my sober days. It encourages me to keep adding to them, one day at a time!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

DAY 98 for me

I so understand what you are going through Steam. I am so thankful to read that you are staying sober through all this. It helps me to read how you are. Please know that you are not alone. And that you are not the only one going through this. Two interviews this week, two rejections. sigh....

Now I must go off to wish CM a happy 60 days!

It means so much to me to be able to check in with all of us everyday. Everybody sing..."Getting to know you...Getting to know all about you...."
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Ok I'm going to ask - Popcorn Ceiling ??????????

Is it salted or sweet ????????

Quite fond of my smokey bacon crisps ceiling I've had done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day 99 nearly over.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Steam I can totally relate in some ways what you are going through. Here is my timeline for the last 4 months.

1) Quit job on advice of boyfriend of 4.5 years
2) Night before last day of job BF breaks up with me and moves out leaves me with bills and no job.
3) I get a new job
4) Loose my license
5) Get License back today

So I am dealing with sobriety, breakup, ending new job and starting new one. It is a lot and I give you a lot of credit for having 130 days!!! That is something to be really proud of.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

CM & Steam

Respect to you'se both.

I find it hard enough staying sober without those other stresses.

I'm going to ask though.

In a weird way do you think it maybe helps, I know it periods of boredum that I find the hardest, never have a problem when I keep busy.

Not sure I'd say losing your job is a recovery aid mind.

Wonder often how I kept my licence !!

I talk some crap sometimes !!!!!!!

Sometimes ? mostimes ? Everytime ?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It does help. It makes me grateful for all I do have. The things I have lost can be replaced and rebuilt in my recovery and make it that much more worthwhile so you are 100% right fizzy!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow guys. Today was the first day that I REALLY wanted to pick up.
i was in a car accident today, my fault. I ran into the back of someone on my way to Sea World. This is going to cost me quite a bit of money that I really do not have right now. I also feel like such a F**k up. Damm. I just totalled my car along with a DUI in May. I have not had a drink since and I can't believe that I did this!!! Oh man. I have been crying and praying all day. But the only thing that could make this worse is if I picked up...so I will soldier on. Please pray for me. I could sure use it right now.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hope you stayed strong TT

I think I've maybe got an infection in my mouth where I had a tooth out earlier this week.

It is really really sore and I'm dying to pour myself a massive vodka to dull the pain.

Don't think I will though cos deep down I know that my mouth will probably still be sore tomorrow and what do I do then, pour more drink and go straight back to square one.

100 not out today.

Hope you've joined me and made it a double century TT.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

:praying for you TTOSBT! You can do it. I am sorry to hear about the accident, but accidents happen don't they. You will soldier on because I have faith in you.

Hey Fizzy! Hope your mouth heals quickly. Did you go to the dentist and get it checked yet?? Take care of yourself Fiz.

Steam its good to hear from you. I sure hope life turns upward for you very soon.

CM you have stood up to a lot and its great to see you persevering in the face of all the adversity.

Logcabin I hear your pain on the interviews. I got rejected for that school job, but I am bowing out of the interviews temporarily. I'm going to pain the inside of our home once son starts school in a week. I will go interviewing after I have accomplished something at home. Keep us updated on your job search though. I am praying for you and Steam!!

Least congrads on day 34 today!! You are really adding up those days. Stay strong Least. We love you!

Bostonluv (Kathleen) - thanks for the welcome back. It so helps to have encouragement from people like you and SR is really a lifesaver for me lately. I hope you continue on with us.

Congratulations to us all for dealing with life rather then hiding from it. I thought it would get easier, but its kind of gotten a little more difficult controlling the urges. I am still sober, but can honestly say I am back to the day by day, hour by hour thing at times, but that's working for me and so I can't complain right now.

:ghug
Old 08-16-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

hi guys. Yes, I am here and Day 100 is almost over
So...this morning, I am getting ready to meet the girl that I hit to fix her car. My son (16) says that he is leaving to go to his friends. All of a sudden I hear a crunch. He backed up and hit the side of my car! Oh yeah and kept going so crunched the whole side of the back passenger door. I started to hyperventilate. Oh man. Life on life's terms huh? Sometimes it sucks. BUT I am glad I did not pick up. So here I am sober, half my bedroom painted. Tomorrow it will be done!!! Hope you all had a good Saturday :ghug3
Old 08-17-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

On to day 101 here.

You thought about buying yourself and your son a bus pass TT !!!!!!

or hire a chauffeur !!!!!

Glad your ok, least its just the cars that are hurt. Still money and hassle you could do without though eh.

Mouths not as sore today, think I might need to try and see a dentist tomorrow though.

Hate teeth, why couldn't we have been created with plastic teeth ( plastic livers anyone).
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As of today I've got 35 days sober! Five weeks!! Yippee! Never thought I'd get this far but am now determined to keep moving forward.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yeah Least!!!! Congrats!
Thanks for the giggle FW.
Morning everyone!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Evening all.

Day 102

We need some cheese for the trap, Horsie's found a moose.

Roads were quiet driving to work today, reckon everyone believed the rumour I'd spread that TT is visiting Scotland !!!

Back to work today after 2 weeks hols, not as bad as I thought, much easier going back when you've not been on the ran dan for a fortnight.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Delighted to say I'm halfway thru day 36! STill going strong, still determined to stay sober no matter what. Getting used to waking up feeling alive! :bounce Don't want to go back to the way I used to wake up!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! 98 days today. Still behind Fizzy. He always gets to go first. That's okay though. I accept him for who he is and all.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 64. Things are horrible in my life right now. My disease is working so hard. I hit my knees this morning and cried like a baby. I am weak and vulnerable and feel so worthless. I have all the things that bring you down resentment, fear, self pity. I am beating myself. I need to make it through today and I need to sleep tonight it has been 3 or 4 days since I have really slept.