Notices

SIX MONTH and UNDER CLUB

Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Portland - thats a made up place - right ?

Somewhere where they drink Port all day ?

Wishes it was Portugal ?

Any Port in a storm.

Right, I away now, off to Starboardland !
Old 08-08-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 91

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see you Steam. I was really worried about you, and all that happened. I'm so glad you did not go back out over it.

I wish I could have gotten a job as eaily as you have. I feel so down about my situation. Like everyone must think that I am a loser. No one will hire me.

And now unemployment is messing with me. They only sent me one week, and told me I had to reapply. WTF? I just applied for 13 more weeks on 07/07/08.

Anyway...I'm stressed and so very scared.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 132, I have to use the sober time calculator to work that out anymore.

Not much to report, just getting on with life.

My wife and kids went out of town for a couple days, which is always a trigger for me for some reason, but it passed. It always passes if I give it a little time.

Welcome to the folks hitting 91 days, that is fantastic.

LC
Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Guess I'll have to get used to it.

The longer you stay sober the quieter the thread gets.

Day 93 here
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 92

Yesterday 8/8/8 started out as a pretty low day for me. I was feeling depressed and down about the job situation, and the fact that they seemed to be cutting my Unemployment Insurance off.

I took a nice long nap...which I needed, but then left me feeling so sluggish and disoriented.

So I got up, took a shower, and went to go see a movie with my Mom and son. I started to feel much better, and just enjoy the day, and then I saw that I had a message on my cell phone. A request for a job interview! Yeah...and it is Monday.

Then I went home and opened up my email, and the phone rang. My daughter was calling to tell me that she had been hired by the job she really wanted. I was so happy for her! And so relieved since she had just moved into her first apartment...with no job. Now she will be able to pay the rent!

Got back to my email, and there was an email from Unemployment. They are giving me 26 MORE weeks, and the weekly rate of pay is going UP! WOW! (But hopefully I won't have to use it all up, and will be getting a job soon).

Then I opened another email and it was from a online college scholarship I had applied for last week. I want to work on getting a Master's in HR. Anyway...they wanted to send a local news producer to talk to me about why I want to do this, and my application (I had written a long letter saying why I wanted to go back to school as a working Mom).

I don't know if this means I will get the scholarship, but I'm happy to share my story...warts and all.

And then the grand finale of the day...The opening ceremony of the Olympics. That was just amazing. Beautiful.

And then this morning meeting was pretty nice too.

I am grateful for passing 90 days, and hopeful for my future.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Congrats Log

Glad you had a good day.

I was just watching highlights of the Olympic footie on the computer.

See USA ladies won.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Thanks Fizzy. And my daughter hugged me today. That was awesome. On her own. She is one tough cookie. So that took me by surprise for sure.

It is good to feel happiness....
Old 08-10-2008, 03:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey LogCabin,

Your day was packed with good news after your nap. How delightful. Don't get days like that too often. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Thanks Boston. And my sponsor always says...and I mean always..."And would any of this have happened if you were drinking?

Nope!

I would be in my stinking bed, curtains closed, drinking my disgusting drink of whatever, and crying at the TV, and wondering why I was such a loser.... or worse...jumping up as soon as I had a few pennies to rub together to get out the door on a mission.

I am so glad to be leaving that sick person in the past.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 55!!! I am technically under 6 months.. Glad to see everyone had graduated and made it here... I am still on both threads and hope to be her full time in 35 days
Old 08-10-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Boston, Log, CM, good to see you guys.

Sunday night and another sober weekend done.

Got a cold, which used to be an excuse to go to bed with hot lemon and brandy and more brandy, maybe just a wee bit more brandy to make sure I sleep, what do you mean I've finished the brandy, oh well any wine in the house, I finished that yesterday, wait theres some cider in the fridge that'll do I've got a cold after all.

Funny how different things come at you, first time I've had the cold since getting sober.

Suppose when your answer to everything was to have a drink it always going to be the first answer that hits you until you've passed all the tests.

Hot Lemon and Ginger is what I'm on, no matter how hard I try though just doesn't hit the spot the way a brandy would.

I'm not going to but its an evening where a wee drink would just sit nicely.

All the very best everyone
Old 08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just read that back to myself, get a grip mate, its a wee sniffle, get over it !!!!!!!!!!

You girls do know that we get the flu far worse than you do ? right ?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ha...I liked your post about the brandy Fizzy. I think I have prolonged most of my flus and colds due to that particular family cure all! You don't get it worse you are just more vocal about your symptoms
Old 08-10-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
Day 55!!! I am technically under 6 months.. Glad to see everyone had graduated and made it here... I am still on both threads and hope to be her full time in 35 days
Very Cool. I'm a month and a few days behind you. You're doing grreeeaat!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 56 It is funny. I never got sick when I drank. I was convinced that the alcohol was killing all the bacteria in my body so that I would not get ill... It is funny how the mind concocts these ideas. However I was sick with hangovers so I am not sure which was worse. Feeling nauseaus all day or trying to tough it out with a cold or the flu.

In highschool as I thought I was a socialite I could not miss a party and went out drinking with walking pneumonia and also an allergic reaction to the medication they gave me. I was so swollen had hives (from the meds so I could not walk) and I was feeling like crap, but I was able to convince my friend to carry me in the woods to the party and after a few in me was able to party with the best of them. Could not miss a social function LOL!!! What was wrong with me
Old 08-11-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Was at the dentist today and had a tooth taken out, still got the cold as well.

Everyone say awwwwwwwwwwww !!

"What was wrong with me" - CM I'm only guessing but I think you might have a drink problem.

Day 95 for me, by my reckoning Horselover should be on day 91 and in here by now.

Anyone seen her ?

hope she's ok
Old 08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awwwww!!! Sorry about your tooth Fizzy. I'm a real baby when I go see the dentist too. The cold will pass. Hot & Sour soup is my favoritte when I'm sick. Err...second favorite.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 95

Sorry to hear of the illness and pain Fizzy. I'm glad you have made some good choices over it all. (Yeah, my Mom was big on Hot Toddies when I was a kid, and back away from the Nyquil...danger...danger!)

But I agree with the statement above...drinking while sick...just made me sicker.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Morning all!
Logcabin, what a wonderful post!! So happy to hear that things are going well with you. And that your daughter gave you a hug, that is big!
Hi Fizzy! I have not been sick since I have been sober, so that's good.
I am on Day 96 today. I took my 90 day token at my home group last night and watched my grandsponsor take a 22 year cake. My husband went to his first AA meeting to see me get my token. I cried!
Doing well though. I am off this week to get some much needed R&R!

ETA: Oh Bostonluv, TTOSBT = To thine own self be true
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

That is great TT Congratulations! And I always wondered what your name meant. Now I know.

Good stuff!

My Poor kid had to start her first day with a painful sore throat. The scholarship person sent me another email, and said she was not sure if the reporter was still interested now. (WTF?) And I went on another job interview, and I really, really, really hope I get it. sigh...

I did speak at my meeting last night. I always have a hard time...I get so tongue-tied. But last night I felt I needed to since my 90 days passed also.

:ghug3 to us!