Notices

Class of July 2008 Part II

Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Back behind bars.

Originally Posted by nayster View Post
Oh winwin! Did you read this? We may not get good sleep for another 10 days! But that's ok. It's only 10 days away. And I'll trade 10 days of crappy sleep for a sober future.

And hey, I'd love to save money and start exercising to boot!
Um, Nayster, YMMV

(Your mileage may vary) :bounce
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

nayster- I'm so glad I came back here and read that. My little voice is really talking some bull today. I have to go out to go to the doctor and I am afraid I will go buy beer. I don't want to go back to Day 1 so I have a new route planned to get to the office. I won't go past a store. That just nailed it when you said I am not going to sleep good for ANOTHER 10 days. I sure don't want it to be another fourteen days. Hope you're doing well today.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wait, Wait I was always late to class!! but I'm here, July 4th, 2008 was my last booze day!(before midnight!) I'm going to the head of the class!!! ROFLMAO!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7J7QURtyTxU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7J7QURtyTxU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'm an interloper, but that's so daggy I have to admire it...

um...you're not gonna want to play that *every* time you post are ya?

congrats Suzi
D
Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm mtnmagic and would like to join your July 2008 club. I could have had several sober dates in July, but blew them all. Today is the 29th. It is day 2. I'd like to get in under the wire, so to speak. I swear it is like a mirror of my life...just getting in under the wire.

Really want sobriety. Really want to drink right now too. I'm choosing not to pick up a drink today.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's the evening of Day 8 and I can hardly believe it. Keeping busy helps (school in the morning and work in the afternoon). This time seems different. Maybe I finally "get it".
Old 07-29-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hold tight Mtnmagic, hold tight, seek out the threads here, listen to the advice, you can do it!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mtnmagic,

Hold tight, Hold tight, seek out the threads here, read the advice, you can do it, really you can. If you get in a spot, reach out..

welcome
suz
Old 07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

seems I am in class but stuck on stupid! LOLOLOLOL & NOPE Dee I'm not going to play that! I just googled it a little bit! & that is what I found when I searched head of the class! the internet is a wild place eh?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I had to go to the dentist tonight and get 3 fillings replaced so my mouth is so numb. Upon doing one they noticed my tooth is fractured, so I need another crown. There goes another $650... But I am alive sober and well. I just wish my mouth was not numb..

Congrats to everyone!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome mtnmagic and good luck.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post

These are my two biggest reasons to stay sober. I thank God for them every day and night. I will stay sober for my own well being, but also to be the best Dog Mom I can be. God entrusted me with their lifetime care and it's my favorite responsibility. All the rest of you dog lovers know just what I mean!

I can't believe that a technodummy like me actually did this right the first time! I guess you CAN teach some old dogs new tricks after all!
I can totally relate. I love Dogs. I have a Black Lab named Buddy. He is laying next to me right now. he is my best friend.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobingealready View Post
Hello everyone, still trying to understand how to navigate the site and respond to my previous post, but I think the thread is closed? anyway, thank you everyone so much for your warm welcomes and it is great to learn there is such a big community of people out there who are trying to do the same thing.

Nayster I agree it is definitely like learning to live all over again. I have lived w alcohol for so long now. I really believe that since I started so young (about 13/14 yrs old) that it was a part of my whole social development, and that it obviously impaired that development so I didn't really learn back then what the other kids were learning (e.g., that to have fun you do things like, uh, join in various sports, you play board games/video games, you go hiking/camping/fishing/mountain biking, etc etc--course that's if you are lucky enough to have a family who wants to do those things w you and not sit around and drink themselves, which was the case for me unfortunately) It has only been since about my mid to later 20's that I actually started doing other recreational activities. But even that has not stopped me from drinking.
Today is day TWO and I feel a bit better than yesterday, but still kinda foggy.
Um, I notice I am writing a lot compared to other people =) is that alright? Or should I be in/start a "for those with a LOT to say" thread? =)

anyway thanks again everyone for your welcoming messages.
Just for today I will not drink. I think I can handle that!
Im glad your here. Congrats on day two. Type away and feel free to say all you want about anything.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
I'm mtnmagic and would like to join your July 2008 club. I could have had several sober dates in July, but blew them all. Today is the 29th. It is day 2. I'd like to get in under the wire, so to speak. I swear it is like a mirror of my life...just getting in under the wire.

Really want sobriety. Really want to drink right now too. I'm choosing not to pick up a drink today.
Welcome aboard. I will ad you to our list. Congrats on day 2.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new peeps. Glad you could feel the testosterone Nayster, lol.

My mood has crashed quite badly but I know if I just hold on I will come through it.

I found out the counselling for my depression has a 2-3 month waiting list....jeez.

Day 10 for me. (not that I am counting )
Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

WOO HOO!! I'm 45 minutes into Day 9! Sometimes I think about the fact that I'm not thinking about drinking all the time. It's a little early, but maybe the thyroid medication and the Prozac that I started taking again are kicking in.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Well yesterday was pretty interesting. My mother came over with her boyfriend so he could cut back one of the hedges in my garden, that I can't reach. Well when I opened the door, the first thing I zoomed in on was the bottle of cider she was carrying. I mean she knows I can't drink, yet here she is with a blinking bottle! We have had enough conversations in the past about alcohol, she should realise how hard that would be for me. She allways moans when she is trying to quit, that her boyfriend buys her wine and then she can't say no! So I would have figured she might have concidered that it would be pretty hard for me too.

Then the bottle was just sitting there on the table, it was so wierd, I couldn't stop looking at it lol. I was imagining how it would taste, cold cider on a hot day is great. What I found interesting though, was that I didn't actually want any, when I really really thought about it. I did start wondering if they do an alcohol free cider as I do like the taste, but even then I thought if they did I wouldn't buy any as I think that would only tempt me back to the real thing.

Anyway to say the least I was happy when they left a couple of hours later and took the bottle with them, I could really do without that right now.

Sax
Day umm 27?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

That's great Sax! Your mum could be a bit more supportive though!

Is alcohol free cider called apple juice?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Is alcohol free cider called apple juice?
:rotfxko

Sorry to hear about the counselling Stone, at least you have us till you get an appointment

Sax
Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(I'm reposting what I just typed up in the 90 Day and under thread!)

I am just starting Day 17 here... sleeping is becoming a little easier although I'm still waking up sporadically through the night.

I had a drinking dream last night... I'm so glad it was only a dream. I know drinking/using dreams are our brain's way of getting rid of the habit, so I'm actually grateful to have had one.

I felt almost normal yesterday... anxiety was at a minimum and energy was probably around 80%. My blood sugar seems to be out of wack, I am going to slowly cut back on my sugar intake.

I'm also beginning a vitamin regime: A B-complex, Emergen C (which has all the elctrolytes, very high concentration of C and a few others) and on the advice of my psychiatrist, Omega 3.

Staying sober seems to be getting easier gradually as the days go by... each day it is a little more "normal".

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well! It's a damn great day to be sober!