Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

first time here...would like to stop and don't know where to start

Notices

first time here...would like to stop and don't know where to start

Old 07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is a link with info and some of our experiences
with withdrawing from alcohol.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
Yes it is very scary but the ER is an option for you. I suggest you consider it.
You can negotiate paying the bill afterwards and there are programs to help.

If you choose not to, please stay on here and keep in touch. I don't recommend trying to purchase anything over the internet. Just consider going to ER telling them that you need and want help to withdraw from alcohol. Do you have anybody friend or family that would be safe for your daughter to stay with so you could seek help to get better? Even for tonight? Take care. Believe me, those that are responding to you really know what they are talking about. While I have relapsed, they have all helped me incredibly.
I actually have a friend intown till Friday. I do not want to tell him what I am doing though. I am fine for tonight...had a 6 pack when I got home. Still sober though...yes, I can spell PROBLEM.

How long does it take to detox? Do you think I will go through these symptioms for sure? Or just be pissy for a while?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

What ever you decide to do, we are all here and we want to give you support, there are many different ways to get and stay sober, what works for one, may not work for all.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR I see you are in good hands here, keep talking (posting)

Kevin
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Everyone is different and react differently to withdrawls. Your first step needs to be to make up your mind that you have to stop and do something about it. You need to think about your children and who will take care of them if you can't. No one here is going to lecture you or tell you what to do. The decision has to be yours in order for recovery to be successful.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I agree with winwin...All of our experiences with withdrawal are different.

I think one common fact is that we have typically made things harder on ourselves by being to frightened or distrustful to take suggestions made by people who have walked these miles before us. Ok, I'll speak for myself, I sure have.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Here is a link with info and some of our experiences
with withdrawing from alcohol.

Welcome to our recovery community...
OH. Great. Thank you for the link though. This is going to suck worse than I thought. AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

diditagain- Look at it as a positive adventure and the beginning of your new and better life. I probably don't have a lot of advice for you since I am only coming to the end of Day 3 after relapsing twice but I am still going strong. I will wake up tomorrow on Day 4 and keeping stepping. I would never lie and say it is easy but it is something I want to do. Since I know I will have a better life (because I will remember living it) I keep my chin up and sober.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

welcome diditagain... I hope the best for you in recovery. We are all here for you. I did not go through withdrawals (just an emotional breakdown) so I cannot be of much help. But I would discourage buying any medication you do not know what you will get and could leave you worse off... One day, one hour one minute at a time is all we can ask for..