Notices

hi all

Old 07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

hi im new and i hope this site can give me some help...
My girlfriend is what i think addicted to cannabis,.. thoo she doesnt believe it is even after showing her the facts,.. the only time she talks bout quitting is when she is having her smoke and saying i only gonna have one a nite to set me off to sleep,.. but the nxt day she has forgotten about that

this is very annoying as i do feel that she is relying on it,.. she says she needs it so she can switch off.. its only same as having a drink every day,.. well i dont even have a drink every day maybe once a month
as i class that even as as bad

she also cant see how it is changing her,. to be honest i dont like hher when she is smokeing,.. it looks like she has a total different personality.

i do love her but i dont see any way how too help her..

can i have some advice from someone please?

also when she has ran out of "stuff" she says she dont miss it but is fancing a smoke and she will try find ways to gett more n sounds like she is annoyed she aint got any,.. tho she keeps moaning she hasnt got any

Last edited by hush79; 07-26-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like you are not happy with the situation with your girlfriend and that she is not willing to acknowledge that she has a problem and to stop. Until she wants to stop and seeks help, there's not much you can do.

It's best if you set some boundaries for yourself and you might want to try NarAnon for support for you.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can't change a person who doesnt want to change. I understand you're concerned, but the decision will inevitablly fall to her. Bring her on here and let her check out some of the info and stories floating around. Maybe she will see some of it in herself.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

bringin her to here will only offend her,.. she keeps sayin i try controll her i dont understand her etc,.. ur right,.. she wont let me help her unless she sees the problemm n wants help
Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like you are not happy with the situation with your girlfriend and that she is not willing to acknowledge that she has a problem and to stop. Until she wants to stop and seeks help, there's not much you can do.

It's best if you set some boundaries for yourself and you might want to try NarAnon for support for you.
what is NarAnon? sorry im new here