Notices

sorry

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

sorry

I've changed so much But still have so much more to go.I brought my therapist to my house today trying to further my recovery and trying to further myself but feel like its a mistake i know it wasnt Im so aware of everthing but still want to sabatoge even though im on the right track. what do i have o do to get help i've done everything i needed to do everytrhingI wanted todoerything i've should've done and still dont feel safe whats up WTF?????????????? I want to feel good...ok at the least been there befored:wtf2left it again. why don't i want to stay
Old 07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Hugs............
Old 07-25-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
broken wings

thanks pup mum needed it truly hugs back
Old 07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Silenteyes what are you doing for support besides your therapist? Have you met with other recovering alcoholics and spoke to them about how they stay sober?

Knowing I was not alone in my alcoholism helped a lot, I gained a great deal of hope meeting with other alcoholics who were recovering from far deeper bottoms then I hit. I find a great deal of strength by having other alcoholics share with me that what I was going through was normal and them sharing with me what they did to get over the early days of sobriety.

My experience has been that the best people to help an alcoholic to recover from alcoholism are people who have recovered them selfs. The more the merrier! What was shared with me was what has worked for thousands of other alcoholics for many years.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I agree with Taz, are there more activities you could do toward recovery?

Meetings, 12 steps, sponsor, sharing...?

Good luck, we're all pulling for you.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SilentEyes,

I used to self-sabotage too, and in fact, I was so good at it, I didn't even really notice. But, it prevented my recovery for a long time. I think the key is to begin to like and love yourself. Spend some time, be quiet with yourself, put your thoughts aside and just 'be'.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I spent my whole life trying to self-sabatoge.

I truly felt I knew what should be done in any situation.

Denial
self-worth
pity
acceptance

just a few of the issues I had, while drinking and drugging.

Acceptance is truly the key for me today.

I have to accept myself for exactly who I am. I am a alcoholic to the core, what I have done in my past is "what I have done in my past" and the past should stay in the past. Today I am grateful I can see that.

I no longer have issues with denial, self-pity, worthiness, and acceptance. God, created a beautiful person when he created me. The same goes for you and and everyone else on this earth.

We are all beautiful people in God's eyes.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Some days just suck, eh? But then you're going to have days where you see something that gives you hope and can make you think, "maybe it'll get better!?". A lot of people have found those moments of calm/hope in AA rooms. Just being in a room FILLED with people who have experienced absolutely everything you have and more can be so inspiring and show you how UN-ALONE you truly are.

Thinking of you today....