Notices

Class of July 2008 Club

Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Goodnight! Congrats on making it through another day!

:bounce
Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

G'night!! Sleep well! See you t'morrow!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

9.30am here, gonna stay sober today. will check in later.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I hope you have a better day today T2S.

I had a pretty crappy evening yesterday. Loads of anxiety, no particular reason it was just there, I hate it. I am hoping it will go away eventually, still early days.

I am in Stones part of the world so morning here too and I am feeling better than last night. I still have this tingling in my feet, although that has improved somewhat since last week so hopefully no permanent damage done.

Hope everyone has a great sober day!

Sax
Day 19
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad you made it thru, Mike. You CAN'T use, your name is on the list!

I have had an awful few days recovering from 2-3 days drinking, bad stomach pains, shakes, sweating and the usual mental stuff...depression, anxiety, self loathing.

I had 6 months before christmas, it wasn't easy but there was a LOT more good days than bad....I want that back so badly...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey T2 - WAKE up! Just cause Im on a different timezone ya'all dont have the time to add me to the list! Pah...

"My" official sober date is 20th of July '08 - BUT cause of timezone I am a day ahead of you lot. So by your dates it was the 19th of July. I think. All I know is I stand at 3 days sober.... and plan on counting on more....

Now - with the days in mind....Who wants the lottery numbers?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I've decided I don't like this idea....

....I LOVE this idea

It's giving me a bit a additional responsibility and comfort knowing other folks are there, and working on this. Into day 9! Have a good one...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Pursue your dreams

Good morning class! I'm nearly half way through my 8th day and feeling good about it! It's really great to see how many of us their are on this list. Having this thread makes it easier to communicate with and support all my classmates - thanks again Mikey.

Spent a good part of yesterday watching the stock market so I didn't post too much. I'll probably be watching it again this morning. When my brain was stuck in the alcohol fog, I couldn't trust myself to make and financial decisions.

Hey Mikey - we're all going to have tough days from time to time. One thing, for sure, we all have in common is that each of us put ourselves into this position - whatever the reason or circumstance. That said, we also share a common will and determination to get ourselves out.

Hang in there! All of us need to pull together.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Great thread Mikey! Thanks for all the inspiration and hard work!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I would like to be an honary member please. My date is 6.17.08 . Let me know if I am in
Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

So glad for this Grad Group!! It really does make a difference to me that there are others here who are in the same time-frame as myself. T2S...I hope you made it through last night! DAY TEN...and happy to see that dougle digit.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Back behind bars.

Hey, anyone in need of an experienced bartender? ...oh wait, wrong forum...sorry

My name is Keith Moon and I am an alcoholic. My first day w/o a drink was last Wednesday, July 16, 2008...but only cuz I was too sick to drink after a 5 day bender. So this marks the start of day 7 for me...yay.

Y'know, I've taken many "breaks" before, but that was easy, cuz I always knew I would start again once my self-esteem was sufficiently redeemed, in my own eyes. But this is different, and way scarier. I think I understand what is meant by alcoholism being a "progressive" disease now, cuz each drink makes me want more, way past when the buzz stops being fun. Kinda like when I used to do the 'caine (which I quit long ago), but much more insidious. I've tried to give up the "hard stuff" many times, rationalizing that if I just stayed with beer & wine, I would be ok. What a fool I am! That just made it easier for me to be a lazy drinker, cuz I could keep a bigass bottle of red wine under my desk (at home, where I work), and refills were as easy as reaching down. No ice or fruit needed, just warm red wine.

Fortunately I like learning, and now I need to learn how to live without my crutch. Please add me to the list Mike, and thanks in advance!

BTW, my name isn't really Keith Moon. And I'm no longer behind bars :
Old 07-22-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Time2 -
Please add me...it may be a bit confusing since I've been here before so you see that I joined in Nov '06. However my first sober day was July 20 (Sunday).

Not sleeping too well and I still feel like I've walked the Sahara for the last week with all the water I've been drinking but it's going. I wake up in the middle of the night terrified of getting a DUI (which would be impossible as long as I stay sober!) and remembering back all the events that I got too drunk at and possibly embarrased myself, or at least had folks talkin'.

I saw someone else post that this time feels different though...I totally agree. I really want this now, not because I feel sick or whatever, but because I want to change my life and want to be able to go to brunch and eat (without wanting to throw up the whole time) or get up early and do a long run (I'm a marathoner but I have to run in the middle of the day (in Atlanta)) because I always stay up too late drinking!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Wow! I wake up to all kinds of new posts here, thats great! Congrats to everybody on your clean time!! I'm not usually up this early, (after 16 years on meth I have a lot of sleep to catch up on) but something made me want to wake my a$$ up at a decent hour today. Maybe I'll do something productive!!

Today is day 45 for me!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Pursue your dreams

Originally Posted by toooldfratguy View Post
Hey Time2 -
Please add me...it may be a bit confusing since I've been here before so you see that I joined in Nov '06. However my first sober day was July 20 (Sunday).

Not sleeping too well and I still feel like I've walked the Sahara for the last week with all the water I've been drinking but it's going. I wake up in the middle of the night terrified of getting a DUI (which would be impossible as long as I stay sober!) and remembering back all the events that I got too drunk at and possibly embarrased myself, or at least had folks talkin'.

I saw someone else post that this time feels different though...I totally agree. I really want this now, not because I feel sick or whatever, but because I want to change my life and want to be able to go to brunch and eat (without wanting to throw up the whole time) or get up early and do a long run (I'm a marathoner but I have to run in the middle of the day (in Atlanta)) because I always stay up too late drinking!
Welcome! Congrats on your sobriety. WOW... I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to drink and run a marathon! Course, I couldn't run a marathon if I were totally sober either.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'd always justify the feeling bad that I couldn't feel worse than running all those miles so I might as well be hungover too! Although I can't imagine it is the safest thing to do with already being dehydrated and being out in hot sun!!! Yikes.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

How sad is this: I don't even know if when you run it's toe-heel...or heel-toe!!! I couldn't run to save my life! lol Just think how fantastic you will feel to run and not be hung-over! Wow! You'll have the fastest times ever now!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Back behind bars.

Talking

Originally Posted by toooldfratguy View Post
I saw someone else post that this time feels different though...
Um, I think that was me toooldfratguy. Seeing that you are in Atlanta where my bartending career was, I thought maybe I had overserved you at some point. But a quick check of your profile makes that unlikely, since it looks like I was done before you were legal. That also makes the "tooold" part of your nick rather amusing to me, ya dang whippersnapper lol!

I'd say welcome to the July 2008 club, but I haven't got my membership approved yet.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Haha. I think half the bartenders in ATL have overserved me (which is what I called it b/c drunk is too nasty of a word), but I only got here in '01 and was only legal shortly b4 that so fortunately you did not contribute!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. I made it through last night. Its day 10 for Mikey. Being clean a few days the my mind is starting to clear up. I basicly stayed loaded so I wouldnt have to feel pain. (OK, we all know that doesnt really work) But, now the things I didnt wanna feel are coming back. Solution? For me its step work. Thats why my Sponsor (who just registered here at SR this morning as mentorjeffi) got me rolling on a 4th step ASAP. So, today Im facing life and Im dealing with some things that are pretty painful that I was getting high over before. In the end a huge burdon will be lifted. Anyway just wanyed to tell you guys Im OK. Now, I see we have some more members I need to ad to the list.