SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Jigs new Beggining (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154104-jigs-new-beggining.html)

Jig 07-21-2008 03:51 AM

Jigs new Beggining

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and only seven days without a drink.

Seven days ago I was a shaking, sweating walking bucket of misery. Body aching all over, freaking out, hating myself. Just trying to piece the night before together so that I could figure out who to avoid in the near future.

I'm sick to death of being drunk all the time. I'm sick of watching life pass me by and being left out. I'm sick of being sick of myself.

Its time for a change.

I'm glad I found this site. Its a light in the darkness for me right now. I'm gaining a lot of hope and inspiration from reading these posts.

Thanks everyone for sharing

Dee74 07-21-2008 04:08 AM

Welcome Jig - always nice to see another Aussie :)

Keep Posting
D

CarolD 07-21-2008 04:11 AM

Welcome to our recovery community!
:wave:

Yes...I do find SR a vital supplement
to my face to face AA committment.

Well done on your new beginning....:)

dave47 07-21-2008 04:27 AM

Welcome Jig,
remember those feelings well. Great folk here with advice and support, best wishes.

Room1 07-21-2008 04:40 AM

Hi Jig, that sounds like me 18 days ago. Congrats on your 7 days, they sure are the hardest.

Take Care

Sax

tommyk 07-21-2008 05:07 AM

Welcome, Jig.

Keep coming back.

Horselover 07-21-2008 05:36 AM

Welcome Jig and congratulation on your clean time. I hope you make SR your home. Its been my home since May 13, 2008. Glad you've come.

jacki3 07-21-2008 05:45 AM

Hi Jig,

Im new here as well but im only on day three.

I think its fantastic you have made seven sober days.

Well Done

Jacki3

Dreamchaser 07-21-2008 06:16 AM

Hi Jig - I'm on day 7 too! I'm feeling great compared to the intial 4 -5 days. Now that your 7 days are you feeling any better?

This is a great place to come to clean-up!

Best wishes and stay strong.

dancinggirl 07-21-2008 06:46 AM

Hi there! Man, doesn't the beginning just feel horrible!? We never have to do that beginning few days again!!! I'm on Day Nine (I feel it deserves being capitalized, for some reason! lol) and so glad it's the last time. Welcome!!! :)

least 07-21-2008 06:57 AM

Welcome to a very supportive and informative site!

:ghug3

WishIWasNormal 07-21-2008 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jig (Post 1841714)
Hi everyone.

I'm new here and only seven days without a drink.

Seven days ago I was a shaking, sweating walking bucket of misery. Body aching all over, freaking out, hating myself. Just trying to piece the night before together so that I could figure out who to avoid in the near future.

I'm sick to death of being drunk all the time. I'm sick of watching life pass me by and being left out. I'm sick of being sick of myself.

Its time for a change.

I'm glad I found this site. Its a light in the darkness for me right now. I'm gaining a lot of hope and inspiration from reading these posts.

Thanks everyone for sharing

Welcome Jig. Between this site and programs like AA and Intervention (am watching now) you will learn a completely new way of life.Welcome again.

Time2Surrender 07-21-2008 05:35 PM

Welcome to SoberRecovery Jig. :) Congrats on 7 days. :)

Jig 07-22-2008 12:55 AM

Jigs new Beggining day 8

Thanks all for the support and encouragement.

Another day down and yes I am starting to feel better. I find this site a great source of strength as I am fairly isolated where I am living at the moment and can only get to one meeting a week.

Being able to come here and share the problem is definitely good for me. Seeing so many others fighting the same fight is inspirational.

One day at a time is definitely the way to go. I couldn't handle any more than that right now, if ever.

Keep up the good work all.

Jig 07-24-2008 10:42 PM

Another weekend to get through.

Twelve days down and I'm still standing though. Last night I felt really rotten and almost didn't get past the ATM on the way home. There was a bar just across the road and I momentarily went mad. I couldn't get home fast enough.

I'm not the most spiritual person around but I wouldn't have gotten through last night without my HP. A phone call to another alcoholic also helped.

Who would have thunk it? This stuff really works! One day at a time.

I won't be back this way for a couple of days but I'm feeling confidant that I will get through.

See ya all next week

Jig