Notices

holding my head up!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

holding my head up!!!

First I want to thank you my dear Deany for the wonderful words.... believe it or not....I know I was meant to get that dang DUI....My kids were meant to see it...and today has been one of the most beautiful days I can remember for a VERY long time!!! I wouldnt have guessed that a few short days ago....My girls have seen me at my rock bottom....they dont trust me.....they hate what the alcohol does to me....my middle daughter especially...but when I got home from my meeting last nite I sat down with her and told her about it....showed her my coin....and she looked me in the eye and said "mom Im proud of you"....I hold that near and dear to my heart...and that is enough reason to not pick up a drink!!! then on the way to work this morning....my 14 year old was sitting inthe backseat....and she wanted to make sure I had my AA coins in my pocket ( I am carrying them in my pocket everywhere as a reminder) and I was like I sure do honey....and then she said....hey guess what mom???? It's almost been another 24 hours.....and you're gonna get another coin WHOOOOHOOOOO!!! and the girls all hi-fived !!! I've gotten more hugs and kisses today...and been told I love you mom (and in a way that they really meaned it) more today than for months on end....I went alone to my meeting today....I have to stand on my own sometime....and my Mackenzie said "Mom, hold your head up and be proud, your doing AMAZING....SPECTACULAR.... BE proud mom"....
Today has started to give my my daughters and my dignity back....Im crying alot...but they are good tears....I've lost some things.....but Im going to gain so much more....Thank you HP for having me screw up Friday....thank you for taking me on this journey....and thank you friends for keeping me moving in the right direction..
Much love to all of you!!!!
What a difference a day can make!!
Love, LG
Old 07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had a feeling this is what would happen! I'm so happy for you and your sweet daughters. They must be special people.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That reminds me of the mastercard commercial.

Priceless
Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

when I got home from my meeting last nite I sat down with her and told her about it....showed her my coin....and she looked me in the eye and said "mom Im proud of you"....
"Mom, hold your head up and be proud, your doing AMAZING....SPECTACULAR.... BE proud mom"....
Awesome..... simply awesome, brought a tear to my eye. Stay in the day, go to meetings, get a sponsor, do the steps, do service work, pray, & help others.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your daughters love for you is very strong, and will go far in keeping you sober. I'm so glad you have their support and love. It sure makes a difference, doesn't it? Keep on going in the right direction, one day at a time you can make it!

lots of love coming your way!:ghug3
Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats great news, Im so happy for you. :ghug
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ack, I'm crying in my store....so happy for you! Such a beautiful thing to share!

And WE know you can do it! Your daughters know you can do it! And you ARE doing it, aren't ya!?

Keep on trucking!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sniff sob - thanks a lot you got me weeping as well.

Wonderful post!