Notices

30 days and under

Old 07-14-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days and under

Hi all,

Well over the 2 weeks. Heading in to week 3 sober and on day 15. Things are getting better.

Going to meetings thats the main thing
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, gransha!!!! How wonderful for you to feel so alive and healthy, eh?! How nice to wake up in the morning and not have to do a quick review of what you can/can't remember from the night before! I'm heading your way....I'm on day two and gonna keep going.....
Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done danc

Its great to be sober
Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sober 2 days really feeling shaky,anxiaty feeling like crying,sleepless nights!:(

i have been sober for 2 days now normally at about 8 or 9pm every night i would drink i would drink to the point of passing out, so i just need to stop iam very comitted to this its just very hard at about 12 on the second day i felt like i was breaking down i started shaking i was worry about a bunch of random things such as me being sick or somthing being wrong with me i started crying out of nowere over nothing! ? this is the second day i didont think it would hit me this hard expecially because iam only 20? i have been drinking for 3 years mostly over the past year and a half its been pretty much everyday! i need advice some support anything! please!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ashley

Welcome

I think all that stuff is pretty common - I think if you're concerned tho it's a good idea to see a Dr...

at the very least it can set your mind at ease....daily drinking, especially if it's been a while is rough on anyone, regardless of age.

Hang around here on SR too - this is a bit of a quiet part of the day right now but you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here

D
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days gransha....Keep up with the meetings...Read the Book...Get a sponsor and work the steps...It will change your life.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

the initial post in this thread is 4 years old Sap

D
Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on four years!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, Ashley! I understand what you're going through. Today is my "Day 2". I know I'll be fine while I'm at work except for being exhausted all day, but I worry about evenings, too. If I can just manage to go directly home from work without stopping at the liquor store, that will be half the battle. I'm reading about aa but haven't gone to a meeting yet. My plan for now is to take the time I normally spend drinking till I pass out, and spend it cooking, walKing my dog, reading, and especially browsing this site often. The best thing about yesterday is that I actually remember what time I went to bed, and that sure doesn't happen when I'm drinking wine! I'm looking forward to getting through the week and the weekend with the help of this site. Feel free to message me if you want to work together at this! Have a good day!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR, Ashley! Congratulations on 2 days, that is awesome!!

Stick around here!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ashley...you're going through withdrawal. Try drinking fruit juices...water...hard candies (you'd be surprised how much sugar is in alcohol). Get to AA meetings whenever possible...it will give you something to look forward to and a lot of extra support, especially if you let someone there know you are "new".
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Ashley...you're going through withdrawal. Try drinking fruit juices...water...hard candies (you'd be surprised how much sugar is in alcohol). Get to AA meetings whenever possible...it will give you something to look forward to and a lot of extra support, especially if you let someone there know you are "new".
This was the hardest thing for me to do. When they asked if anyone was new I wanted to sit still and hide! But everyone there knew I was new, and when I finally admitted it I was surrounded with support.