SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   7/13/08 - Day one (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/153646-7-13-08-day-one.html)

Time2Surrender 07-13-2008 08:11 PM

7/13/08 - Day one

Day one. My new clean date is 7/13/08. I look like crap and feel like crap. Been sleeping a lot and drinking a lot of water. Its been a rough ride. Spiritually, emotionally, and financially bankrupt. I've pretty much lost everything. Im going to post here once a day. :praying

suki44883 07-13-2008 08:15 PM

We're behind you all the way...just like those guys in the verison network! :ghug3

Toomutch 07-13-2008 08:18 PM

You havn't lost everything T2, you still have so much. You have your life and a bright future ahead of you. You have done this before and you can do it again. But dont think about the future - only today. :)

ex D-Boy 07-13-2008 08:18 PM

Chin up bro......glad your back and going to post once a day. Looking forward to hearing from ya on this thread. Wishing you the best man ~~ Scotty

tanyapmc 07-13-2008 08:24 PM

I'm really glad your here. Please keep posting!

CarolD 07-13-2008 08:26 PM

Mike...:hug:
Forward we go...side by side

Klynn33 07-13-2008 08:30 PM

Hopefully you never have to feel as bad as you do right now.....ever again.

Hope things go well for you - don't worry about what's happened in the past or what you've lost -work on your plan to get them back.

be careful if you're doing this detox alone.........keep posting.......

you'll get it this time!!

Hope 07-13-2008 09:53 PM

We are right here with you all the way!
It will get better! Big hugs!

Cathy31 07-13-2008 10:35 PM

Time2
You have given so much of yourself in the past, you've had a strong recovery you can do it again. Keep it in the day. We're here for you, the fellowship is there for you - you can do it.

cathy31
x

nogard 07-14-2008 02:07 PM

Good Onya Mike. One day at a time

Astro 07-14-2008 02:10 PM

At least you're here Mike, thank God for that. Congrats on day one. There'll be support here every day for you. But you already know that! :ghug

least 07-14-2008 03:09 PM

We will be right there with you, all the way. We're all in this together. We can do this!!:ghug3

Change4life 07-14-2008 06:04 PM

If you had lost lost everything thered be no post here for me to read. So oyu have the most important thing left you can have your life!!

I use to obsess about all that was lost " I had nothing" or so I thought. The best thing I could ever have came from "losing everything". I was givin another chance, opportunity to make change. Total change. because I had nothing I had nothing to hold onto nothing to cling to. No commitments or obligations = FREEDOM. Freedomt otake the time for yourself. Take the time to heal and think about what you really want out of life and figure out what steps(probably baby steps) you need to take to get to where you go.
Your here and you havent given up and thats all that matters right now. There are many people here cheering you on. so dont you give up

Much love to you
beth

Time2Surrender 07-14-2008 06:41 PM

Thanks everyone. Day two. I took the quad out for a couple hours today so I could get some fresh air and execise. (Sounds like a good excuse to me) :) I've gained about 10lbs over the weekend. Probably mostly water. Been drinking a lot of water. Still craving pretty hard, but I try not to dwell on it. Heading off to a meeting soon. It will be the first one in a while. One day at a time. Right now this is not easy, but I know its time. Its really good to have all the extra support from everyone here at SR. Later, Mike :)

deezaldog 07-14-2008 06:50 PM

Congratulations! I have been there. Thanks for joining on your first day to a better life.

Hope 07-15-2008 01:27 AM

Sounds like you're on the right track, Mike! Hang in there!!

Glad to hear that you got out on the quad today. It's amazing how much quicker you can heal by not dwelling on how bad it seems and just jumping back into life. It gets better faster when you start doing what you love. It's very therapeutic! :)

I'm happy that you are back here. I missed you around SR! :)

mikel60 07-15-2008 01:31 AM

Well done, Mike. You're on your way. Like riding the quads, the road might be a little rough, but you'll not only handle it, you'll find yourself loving it.
Mike

Time2Surrender 07-16-2008 12:31 AM

Just finished day three and I am now on day four. Been doing two meetings per day and will continue to do so as long and as often as possible. Spent a little time with my sponsor this evening. I feel much better than I did a couple days ago. Words cannot express how much the support I have recieved from SoberRecovery has helped me. You guys have played a major role in saving my life. :) As I mentioned in my first post, I will be posting here once per day until this thread reaches its capacity.

Rusty Zipper 07-16-2008 03:03 AM

mike, your helping us also...

keep up the work...

i dont say good, the humility bit you know! lol

zip